Fully Charge Battery - What is your estimated time left?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I am curious to know how much your estimated battery life is right after you unplug from your charger after a full recharge.

Every day i charge my phone, i unplug and it always says 1 day 15 hours estimated time remaining. Not once i had anything different.

I've seen people post that they had like 2 or 3 days remaining and those people seem to have good battery left or that is what they are telling us.

Never once have i gotten more than 1 day 15 hours at any point in the day, i've always had that right after unplugging and then drops to liek 7 hours with little usage.

So who thinks its possible to determine if your battery sucks if your battery shows 1 day 15 hours all the time vs. determining your battery is good when your estimated time reflects different based on your usage?

I for one, my battery always show 1 day 15 hours after recharge everytime and my battery has sucked so far. :mad:

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I get pretty good life. Never what the estimate says... I suppose I would if I didn't use it as much. But I use my phone a moderate to heavy amount each day and after 15 or so hours I usually throw it on the charger with 30%+ remaining.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine this morning after unplug said 6 hours, now at 96% it says 1 day (*_*)

Now at 89% and 6 hours remaining....all I've done is browse the forums in the wpcentral app over wifi

Now 85% and 5 hours :(

Last edited:

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Unplugged mine at 6:30 am and it said 9 hours.
Sent a few texts, updated an app and checked the screen a few times.
It's now 18:32 at 86% and says 2 days, 5 hours, 14 mins left!!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I am curious to know how much your estimated battery life is right after you unplug from your charger after a full recharge.

Every day i charge my phone, i unplug and it always says 1 day 15 hours estimated time remaining. Not once i had anything different.

Exactly the same for me. It always says 1 day and 15 hours right after you take it off the charger.

There is a bug in the battery meter that corrects itself once you use an app.

For example, if you take it off the charger it says 1 day and 15 hours left. Then, if you use an app (facebook, internet, a game, etc) for a couple minutes, close the app, then wait another 15 or so minutes and check the battery level it will then show something like 3 days and 2 hours (or something much higher than 1 day and 15 hours).

I believe this is because the battery hasn't 'learned' your usage for the day and it defaults to 1 day and 15 hours every time.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This is what mine shows. Granted I know I will never get that much time. (maybe if I were to let it sleep and not touch it....hmmmm).

beltelmel-albums79-312.png

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
that number is just an extrapolation of the time since last charge * % remaining. It is not a useful number IMO. If its been sitting idle on the charger, and you unplug it, its gonna give you a huge amount of time remaining. Spend a few minutes streaming video and even if you only consume 5% of your battery, your time remaining will drop drasticly because the rate of consumption will drop.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not really valid comparisons without also comparing such as how often stuff syncs and how many things you have syncing, background apps, etc..

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have seen no abnormal drainage - frequent web surfing, app playing, music, etc...
The phone does not get hot and the battery recharges fully from less than 20% in two hours.

see my phone gets warm just doing anything on it. Don't know if heat is the issue and some if us just have bad batches. My battery is dropping like crazy, just doing my normal things. I would get a full day on my HTC titan doing more, my Nokia is lasting 4-5 hours in a full evenings charge

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
that number is just an extrapolation of the time since last charge * % remaining. It is not a useful number IMO. If its been sitting idle on the charger, and you unplug it, its gonna give you a huge amount of time remaining. Spend a few minutes streaming video and even if you only consume 5% of your battery, your time remaining will drop drasticly because the rate of consumption will drop.

Im not concerned about the accuracy of the estimated time.

I am trying to determine why some people are getting different estimated times while i get 1 day 15 hours every single time. If there is a correlation on a static estimated time and having a bad phone and those that have variable times and have good phones.

My assumption is that having the same estimated time every single day could mean i have a bad battery or some type of buggy OS. I never experienced this with my 900 or samsung focus s, they had variable times every day. Somedays it would be 1 day and other days it would be 15 hours other days it would be 18 hours.

I am guessing a working battery and a non defective OS would be able to adjust the estimated time accordingly, for me, it just doesn't happen

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I absolutely agree 100%. I posted that screenshot in response to the op's question.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
see my phone gets warm just doing anything on it. Don't know if heat is the issue and some if us just have bad batches. My battery is dropping like crazy, just doing my normal things. I would get a full day on my HTC titan doing more, my Nokia is lasting 4-5 hours in a full evenings charge

Do you use LTE and how is the coverage there? How is the general signal reception? Heat is often to do with the antenna working overtime, often due to struggling to keep decent signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99