Transferring contacts to your new 920

KatyH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I used Nokia's "Transfer my Data" app to transfer my contacts to my new 920 from my old non smart phone. The Bluetooth transfer was seamless once Bluetooth was activated on both phones. My old phone did not have a micro-sim card.

ATT rep tried to transfer my contacts at the store when I bought the phone and messed up, requiring me to do a factory reset. They seem to have no info. about the Nokia app that makes contacts transfers real easy.

How was your experience transferring contacts to new 920?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I used Nokia's "Transfer my Data" app to transfer my contacts to my new 920 from my old non smart phone. The Bluetooth transfer was seamless once Bluetooth was activated on both phones. My old phone did not have a micro-sim card.

ATT rep tried to transfer my contacts at the store when I bought the phone and messed up, requiring me to do a factory reset. They seem to have no info. about the Nokia app that makes contacts transfers real easy.

How was your experience transferring contacts to new 920?

from my iphone 4 to my l920, I have no issues. Can't say for certain if all contacts carried over, but once I set up my gmail and work account on my phone, it appears that I do have all contacts.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah... sales rep asked me if I wanted her to transfer contacts. Then quickly stated she couldn't do it on this phone yet. AFAIK, the Nokia app works with any Nokia phone. So much for the supposed training these people had with their Nokia devices day before launch...

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The ATT rep gave me a business card with this company's info:
Welcome Home to Windows Phone 7.5

I never used it though. They were able to transfer my iPhone contacts just fine
However, when I later connected the phone (not the fb app) to facebook, it overwrote half of my contacts.

Luckily I still had my contacts on my iPhone, so I synced them to gmail, then synced gmail to my nokia.

PITA if you ask me but it's done and set.

Luke

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I used the Nokia app to transfer the contacts from my wife's Pantech Laser to her 920 without a hitch. Mine, on the other hand, were already in outlook.com.

dadueler

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something for people using Google to manage contacts.
Secondary mobile numbers didn't show up when I synced with my gmail account for contacts.
Instead, I had to export my google contacts to .csv, and change the Other Phone column to Car Phone for it to show up as Mobile 2. I then imported this .csv into an outlook.com account.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not pairing with my Lumia 900. Weird huh? You'd think that phone would be easy for the Lumia 920 to recognize. Any tips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss