Camera: Lumia 920 vs. HTC One X

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

out with the old and in with the new i suppose, I just thought i would post my findings and see what everyone thought. My One X is using Sense 4.5 camera mod, and I have always been very pleased wit the photos it had. Below are 5 pictures of the same stuff. All auto focus, all 4:3 ratio with no touching up of the photo other than photo-buckets automatic re-sizing.

First and foremost, this isn't a troll post, just merely sharing my findings:

IMAG0069.jpg

WP_20121115_006.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

WP_20121115_005.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

WP_20121115_004.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

WP_20121115_003.jpg

IMAG0065-1.jpg

WP_20121115_002.jpg

So, which do you think are the Lumia, and which are the One X?

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

out with the old and in with the new i suppose, I just thought i would post my findings and see what everyone thought. My One X is using Sense 4.5 camera mod, and I have always been very pleased wit the photos it had. Below are 5 pictures of the same stuff. All auto focus, all 4:3 ratio with no touching up of the photo other than photo-buckets automatic re-sizing.

First and foremost, this isn't a troll post, just merely sharing my findings:

Click to view quoted image

So, which do you think are the Lumia, and which are the One X?
the clearer ones (2nd ones) as it has the slight yellow tint.

Am I correct?.

euchrid_eucrow

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My guess, in order from top to bottom; the HTC is the Top image in the: 1st, 2nd, 4th, and the HTC is the bottom image in the 3rd and 5th(last) comparisons.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The first one is Foldgers. I think the third from the bottom is Maxwell House.

I have an idea, as I owned both the HTC One X and now I own the Lumia 920. This is a very subjective test though.

gwip

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The bottom of each group would be my guess for the 920. Regardless, I think the bottom images look best. Much better dynamic range and overall exposure. Take a look at the bright spots and you can see which ever camera is taking the images on the bottom handles highlights so much better. There's just so much more detail there. It's best illustrated in the skyline of the 4th group.

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
L920 on the bottom. #1 and #2 you can see the Lumia is just ever so slightly softer with more muted colors. The HTC is a bit more saturated. The colors for the Lumia also appear a bit more realistic.

#3 the HTC didn't or wasn't able to focus correctly on the bottle.

#4 Again just slightly softer but with more muted coloring.

#5 would be pretty hard to tell but the Lumia is just a little brighter throughout the photo.

euchrid_eucrow

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here, the HTCs also look nicer to my eye. What threw me off was the glass cleaner and remote pics because of how sharp they were. What i forgot is that the lumia is pretty good in macro. The softness of daylight photos on the lumia is a real bummer for me esp. since the camera had been hyped so much. I'm convinced that its all heavy noise reduction/processing in order to make the night shots so spectacular. Its a shame you just can't turn off NR on it or that we can't access the raw file.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
awww. you're dog's got the cute doggy eyes. My puppy does that all the time. I can't resist it :).

on topic: those are good pics from Nokia. good job Nokia.....I mean your phone of course

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
robstunner, go into a wooded area when the sun is out and take pics of the trees. I have found the One X to bleed light like crazy. I don't know what the issue is, but in broad daylight the light leaks and ends up looking like a hazy filter on the picture.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
robstunner, go into a wooded area when the sun is out and take pics of the trees. I have found the One X to bleed light like crazy. I don't know what the issue is, but in broad daylight the light leaks and ends up looking like a hazy filter on the picture.

Hmm, ill try. I do know from past experiences that the one x over saturates colors in the photos.

Levir3

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Were the Lumia pictures taken before or after the lumia-firmware update?
This should remove the "softness" that so many people complain about.
If the pictures were taken before it would be interesting to see how they come out after the upgrade.
Rgrds,
Leo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6