Anyone figure out how to add songs to playlist?

Bone Cell

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've figured out how to create a playlist and name it on Xbox music.... But, there doesn't seem to be any way to add songs to that playlist directly from my Lumia 920. Anyone know the answer? Thanks!

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
From your Music list select all the songs you want to put in the playlist. You can use the Multi-Select ....then use the ...ADD TO NOW PLAYING ...on that page > SAVE AS PLAYLIST

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The only way that might work would be to play the playlist then add the new songs to now playing and then save as playlist and name the new playlist the same as the original. I don't know if that will work though or if you will just end up with two different playlists named the same.

Bone Cell

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
But doing that method there is still no way to add all those songs to an EXISTING playlist. I have to start a new playlist when doing that method. It seems odd that there is no option to add to a current playlist. There seems to only be start a NEW playlist?

Bone Cell

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The only way that might work would be to play the playlist then add the new songs to now playing and then save as playlist and name the new playlist the same as the original. I don't know if that will work though or if you will just end up with two different playlists named the same.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Xbox app on my PC and surface to create play lists can't seem to find an option from the phone either.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is the only way I know how to do it.

1. Start the playlist that you want to add songs too, that way all the songs in your playlist are added to "now playing". You can allow the song(s) to play or you can pause them.
2. Then you can go to the song(s) you want to add to the playlist and hold do the select option to select multiple at a time or just hold down on the song you want and choose "add to now playing".
3. Then if you go back to the start are of the music app, you should see the song that is currently playing, click on it and it will open the "now playing'. From there click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and choose "save as playlist" and name it the same as the playlist in step 1.

Hope this helps a few people! I hope they update the app so that it's easier to add songs to an existing playlist.

I can't figure out how to delete songs from a playlist though. Anyone know how to do that?

Last edited:

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
This is the only way I know how to do it.

1. Start the playlist that you want to add songs too, that way all the songs in your playlist are added to "now playing". You can allow the song(s) to play or you can pause them.
2. Then you can go to the song(s) you want to add to the playlist and hold do the select option to select multiple at a time or just hold down on the song you want and choose "add to now playing".
3. Then if you go back to the start are of the music app, you should see the song that is currently playing, click on it and it will open the "now playing'. From there click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and choose "save as playlist" and name it the same as the playlist in step 1.

Hope this helps a few people! I hope they update the app so that it's easier to add songs to an existing playlist.

I can't figure out how to delete songs from a playlist though. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks
I think this was done by Microsoft. if it was really Nokia , how can they they downgrade it from that on Symbian? or may be it was done by a student straight from College.
On N97 or N8, one can do almost anything you can think of , On these phones creation of playist, addition & removing songs is as simple as A B C..., it even created some for you e.g. mostly played, recently added e.t.c. you can do it on PC, on phone which ever method you prefer, naming of songs is even possible.

Leasshore

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I successfully added music to a playlist. As far as I can remember, first I got the music onto my Windows Media Player. This is what I used to sync with Nokia Music on my lumia 925. After the music was on the Media player I clicked on Artist (it also works if you click on Album). Then I right clicked on the song I wanted to add to a playlist. When you do this an option list drops down, on it is an option "add to" Left click this option and another list appears. Your playlist will probably already be on it. Otherwise at the bottom of the list is "Additional playlists". It will also add to "Now Playing".
Hope this helps someone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro