CNN breaking news alerts working for anyone?

zopapito

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the CNN or the Nokia one. I have found that the Nokia tends to not update. I have the CNN one installed and it is updating normally. One thing you should check is if you have it enabled to run on the background.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ahh I did have the Nokia version installed. Going to try the regular one. Thanks.

On a similar note, my Espn tile is still showing the score of the dolphins bills game at halftime. Why hasn't it updated?

zopapito

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had that same issue too. I couldn't get it to work after deleting and reinstalling so I decided to not have a LiveTile for ESPN. Surprisingly enough my battery performance increased by a lot when I removed ESPN from running in the background.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
if something like ESPN can't get timely updates that's a big knock against the OS. The whole point of live tiles is having info at a glance.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh noooo, sorry to hear folks are not getting timely updates on CNN/ESPN apps. I rely on both and am using an iphone 4 till my L920 arrives.... What have i got myself into :-(

clavecinist

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Holy Christ. During the election this app drove me to the brink with all the alerts. FWIW I have the Nokia version of the app installed, not the official one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99