internet sharing broken?

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so does anyone else have issues where internet sharing stops working after a couple of minutes? After it stops working I have to completely restart the phone. Called at&t and they told me it was probably defective. is anyone else having this issue? Also battery seems to drain fast. I do have a plan that includes internet sharing.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, try downloading a new keyboard language. I know for us with unlocked phones it forces an update which allows internet sharing.You can delete the language afterwards.

anon(5348413)

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Not surprised about the battery drain. I've been using tethering (internet sharing) on phones for a long time and it will drain your batter FAST. On any phone, not just the 920. But, i've not noticed any issues with internet sharing on the 920. I used to have this exact issue on my galaxy nexus. One reason I so desperately wanted to get rid of it.

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I second the battery usage. I've had 3 android phones, wifi tethering would destroy their battery life. Unless it's for just a few moments I rarely tether without plugging the phone in.

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually tried downloading the Spanish keyboard and that didn't seem to help. Also this forms doesn't work great on the browser. Keeps messing with me.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I use internet sharing all the time and it has been working fine. I keep my phone on its wireless charger when doing that so battery stays topped off.

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
ok. i MUST have a defective phone. that's all there is to it.

i tried a factory reset, to see if that would fix the internet sharing problem, it didn't fix that but it created a new problem. now i can't use the mac sync app. when i plug the phone in. the sync app instantly crashes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo