Constant Syncing

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
After a week straight of my 920 working perfectly, I encountered a very annoying issue last night. I turned the phone off for a few hours (went to the movies), and when I turned it back on, I couldn't access any of my email accounts. I would tap on the tile, the screen would flip like it was loading the app, and then it would flip right back to the main screen. I turned the phone off and on again. I got into my email account after the restart, but after a few minutes the same thing happened. I had a few friends send me texts during that time period, that I did not receive until almost an hour later. And when they did show up, I did not receive any notification. I went into the message thread and there they were, but showing as already read. The problem also extended to the People Hub. Clicking on it just produced a round trip away from and then back to the home screen. When I looked at my Accounts (under settings), all of my accounts seemed to be stuck in syncing mode. Finally, this morning I decided to perform a hard reset, as a soft reset and time did not solve the problem. It seems like everything is fixed now. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an 8X and it is doing exactly this as well. Seems to have just started happening. I would rather not do a hard reset on it so will see if it's a global thing with one of the accounts (guessing Microsoft one) which will sort itself out soon.

sanfransoxfan04

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same exact problem here, tried removing apps I downloaded from store, reboots. WiFi or cellular connection. A Gmail, 2 imaps, exchange, and Facebook account.

sanfransoxfan04

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Went to airplane mode to stop the sync, then went to settings, accounts, press and hold each account, select sync. All sync fine except for the Microsoft account. Damn.

sanfransoxfan04

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
did lots of searching online, some people said it was a twitter issue ( I didn't have a twitter account, many said the same thing but suggested adding then removing) It worked for them but not for me. Then saw a thread mentioning its a google problem, so I removed my google account, no change. Then saw someone saying it was a Skype issue. I removed Skype app and now the problem is FIXED.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
same exact issue here. trying to fix it by following some of the suggestions. how annoying is this. Can only edit account settings when in airplane mode. otherwise I get always thrown back. Deleting Skype, gmail and twitter now and see if that helps.

edit: sorry for wasting possibly valuable info here. I removed Skype, twitter app and my google account. After a reboot everything worked again. Now I do not know of course which one of the three was the culprit. At least I didn't have to reset the phone.
thanks all for the info

edit2: I added my Google account back and that is still hosed. It says it syncs but when I tap the mail icon it throws me back. Can't enter my google account. pfff
worked after a reboot... Let's see how long

Last edited:

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
My dad's relatively new HTC 8X is now having this issue. Anyone have any new ideas on how to deal with it? My Lumia 920 has never had this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs