Computer Texting

riclee62

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from Android to Windows Nokia Lumia 920.
Mysms App on Android allowed me to text from my computer.
I need a way to do the same on my Lumia 920.
Tried Mysms for Windows...it don't work??
Any suggestions?

:confused:

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was honestly surprised that Microsoft didn't provide some integration between the Messaging app in Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 8. I think they missed a real opportunity to get people to buy into their ecosystem. Hope they add a feature like this in the near future though.

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're an AT&T customer, you can send text messages from their website.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...6cv%3D820%23fbid%3DKq-HAF-Ram8&token=wbwT8Ss1

And you can also do it from any email client, replacing the "#" with the phone number you're texting to
##########@txt.att.net

As long as the person you're texting to is also on AT&T. Each carrier has a different way of doing it for their system. You could Google it most likely.

EDIT: Here's what I found by doing a quick Google search

Verizon - 1234567890@vtext.com
T-Mobile - 1234567890
@tmomail.net

Geoff Simmons

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are messenger friends with someone, they will show up in the messaging hub as well as on Windows 8. I've texted my friends from my Windows 8 computer multiple times using this method.

Benjamin Mendez1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah those are solutions but not what I'm looking for. I know android has this feature to work from phone to tablet and vice versa. I want to be able to have my phone charging away from me and still be able to receive my text on my computer. If im working on something on my surface or laptop I rather respond back and receive on whatever device im already using.

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those are solutions but not what I'm looking for. I know android has this feature to work from phone to tablet and vice versa. I want to be able to have my phone charging away from me and still be able to receive my text on my computer. If im working on something on my surface or laptop I rather respond back and receive on whatever device im already using.
The only other thing I can think of then is having Google Voice on all your devices.

Fluxcored

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There have developed over the years several ways to do this through Outlook. I don't do this personally so I unfortunately cannot provide any insight into current methods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720