Few more questions before I pull the trigger...

hb20c

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1. Can you rename favourites on Nokia maps?
2. Can you enter specific coordinates like 27.54325, 48.34564 on Nokia maps? If yes does it give you the exact location or places nearby only ?
3. Can you navigate to a favourite?
Thanks!

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Can you rename favourites on Nokia maps?
Yes, in both Maps and Drive Beta.

2. Can you enter specific coordinates like 27.54325, 48.34564 on Nokia maps?
Doesn't appear to work in Nokia Maps or Drive Beta.

3. Can you navigate to a favourite?
Nokia Drive Beta and Nokia Maps do not appear to be linked together yet, and it seems like both store their own list of favorites so you have to enter them twice for now, but you can rename favorites in both, and get directions in Maps and Turn-by-turn in Drive Beta.

Interesting note: "Favorites" is spelled incorrectly (UK version) in Drive Beta, but correctly (US version) in Maps. Must be a bug:p /Troll

-s

hb20c

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys
Just one more question , I found this on the Nokia blog:
" if the need arises that you must hop on your car instead of walking, you can now start Nokia Drive right from within Nokia Maps. Just select the end destination, and then ’Car directions’. Press ’Start navigation with Nokia Drive’ to open Nokia Drive."
?
Can't I use this to navigate to a Nokia maps favourite on Nokia drive?
Reason I'm asking this is I can add gps coordinates on the Nokia maps website, save the location as a favourite , and sync it to my phone. If I can do this then I can actually use the GPS app. It could all be avoided if they just added a feature like adding gps coordinates on Nokia drive or had the same favourites on Nokia drive and maps.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys
Just one more question , I found this on the Nokia blog:
" if the need arises that you must hop on your car instead of walking, you can now start Nokia Drive right from within Nokia Maps. Just select the end destination, and then ’Car directions’. Press ’Start navigation with Nokia Drive’ to open Nokia Drive."
?
Can't I use this to navigate to a Nokia maps favourite on Nokia drive?
Reason I'm asking this is I can add gps coordinates on the Nokia maps website, save the location as a favourite , and sync it to my phone. If I can do this then I can actually use the GPS app. It could all be avoided if they just added a feature like adding gps coordinates on Nokia drive or had the same favourites on Nokia drive and maps.

The way it works is you would find it in maps and tell it to "navigate here using drive". They really just need to make it all one app with all of the necessary options built in. Jumping from App to App is just... silly.

rapsfan50

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hey all...first post here...i tried creating a thread earlier but it won't let me so i'll post here instead because i have a few questions first...

first of all, i played around with the 920 at the new microsoft store in yorkdale mall today, and i have to say i'm sold...i've been off-contract with rogers and have been looking for an upgrade for over a year now (and it's pretty shameful to even tell you what phone i'm using now) so i'm pretty picky about which phone i want next and it was similar with the 920...first thing was the weight, and after being able to hold one without the security cable attached, i think the weight issue is completely overblown...the second thing was only having black available, but while playing around with the phone the colour became pretty much a non-issue and i think i'd rather have the phone asap in black instead of waiting a couple months for the other colours to show up (if at all)...

anyway i think i'm set on purchasing this, but i have a couple more questions to ask first before plunging and i hope you'll be able to help out...please bear with me as the last smartphone i owned was the nokia n95 so i'm not exactly well-versed when it comes to the smartphones of today...here goes...

1. does nokia music work in canada, or will it work eventually in canada?
2. i'm considering a 1-yr subscription to xbox music - am i right in assuming this takes up data? for those who have xbox music, how are you liking it so far? how is the artist/music selection?
3. i'm planning on purchasing a surface pro when it hits and installing itunes and uploading all my music there...is it easy and convenient to transfer songs from itunes onto the 920?
4. the plan i'm going with on rogers includes 3BG sharable data...will i be able to tether from the 920 to the surface pro?
5. at the store, i was downloading certain apps and putting them as live tiles on the start screen...but i noticed a couple of them weren't really updating the tiles at all, and were just stuck as the tile logo..i'm specifically talking about espn and cnn...i thought these were actually "live" tiles that updated every few minutes or so? i even tried changing the tile sizes and nothing was happening...
6. am i able to take a photo and have it as my lock screen picture?
7. i have two email accounts, hotmail and gmail....will i be able to have both accounts on my 920 as separate live tiles?
8. about skydrive...my current pc uses office 2003 so will i be able to type up documents and put them on skydrive, and have them appear on my 920 as is? and will i be able to access those documents on my surface pro when i buy it next year?
9. i also have several photos on my current pc that i'd like to transfer over to my 920 (taken with a digital camera)...is this possible? if so, will the picture quality be compromised?
10. on IE10 will i be able to set bookmarks? what about multiple windows?

i probably have more questions, but these are all i have for now....thanks for any help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett