Nokia Lumia 920 Sim Free in UK

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I see Phones4U are selling them for ?459 but on their site it says the handset will only work with Orange, T-Mobile and EE sim cards. Does anyone know why?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Dicky_Snapples

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The phone that Phones 4U are advertising as Sim Free are locked to to EE/Orange/T-Mobile.

Phones 4U interpretation of Sim Free is that it's a locked handset that doesn't come with a Sim Card. This interpretation has misled a lot of people and have ended up taking the phones back to Phones 4U once finding out that their 920 was actually locked.

I telephoned Phones 4U twice and was told yes, they are 100% unlocked and then told No, they are locked.

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I see Phones4U are selling them for ?459 but on their site it says the handset will only work with Orange, T-Mobile and EE sim cards. Does anyone know why?
Yes, sadly NOKIA has had a mental breakdown and has decided that the best way to screw up selling 920s in the UK at the point of release and to make everyone buy the Windows Phone 8X by HTC instead (or the NOKIA Lumia 820 SIM Free in my case!!) is to introduce an 'Exclusivity Period', which exists with the EE Group (EE, Orange and T-Mobile...I think Virgin Mobile is also included?) so during this depression you can only operate a UK-purchased 920 on an EE Group Network.

Shame, but I've got the 820 until NOKIA's mental breakdown finishes and the 920 is available to the rest of the 54+ Million Consumers out there in the UK!

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, sadly NOKIA has had a mental breakdown and has decided that the best way to screw up selling 920s in the UK at the point of release and to make everyone buy the Windows Phone 8X by HTC instead (or the NOKIA Lumia 820 SIM Free in my case!!) is to introduce an 'Exclusivity Period', which exists with the EE Group (EE, Orange and T-Mobile...I think Virgin Mobile is also included?) so during this depression you can only operate a UK-purchased 920 on an EE Group Network.

Shame, but I've got the 820 until NOKIA's mental breakdown finishes and the 920 is available to the rest of the 54+ Million Consumers out there in the UK!

Thanks but does that mean the phone could not be used on another network once the exclusivity period is over?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss