No longer an IOS drone!

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After 4 years of iphones I jumped ship and picked up the 920 for my son and I. It's only been a day, but so far I'm impressed. I was worried about the weight "issue", but honestly I like the way it feels. I'm a big guy so it works for me.
My other big concern was with the apps...I have to say though aside from some games, I have replaced all of the other apps I used. The WP store isn't great, but I think with phones like the 920 that's going to change.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard! You made a wise choice. The apps will come as more people adopt this platform. If u have any questions this community at WPCentral is awesome. They have helped me out more times than I can count over the past couple of years.

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am on the same boat as you. Having owned 3 generations of iPhones, I was a bit worried about jumping ship but after a day with the L920, I am extremely happy. I also realize that the reason wp8 has less choices when it comes to apps is because developers were only given a few days before wp8 came out. So I'm sure a slew of apps will be arriving soon.

Richard Gregg

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing the switch as well. Had iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4S but have pre-ordered the Lumia 920 here in Australia. Looking forward to it, and really enjoying having a Surface RT as well :)

Not too concerned about apps myself. I've looked at the apps I use regularly on the iPhone and they either exist, or there are equivalents (or they aren't required at all!) on Windows Phone. May even do some development myself.

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing the switch as well. Had iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4S but have pre-ordered the Lumia 920 here in Australia. Looking forward to it, and really enjoying having a Surface RT as well :)

Not too concerned about apps myself. I've looked at the apps I use regularly on the iPhone and they either exist, or there are equivalents (or they aren't required at all!) on Windows Phone. May even do some development myself.

Yeah one thing this forced me to do was look at my apps and that's when I realized how many I had that I never used.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Or perhaps the L920 cuts off wifi the moment you lock your phone and automatically reconnects after unlocking it. I guess you can prevent that by using an app that's in the widows store. I don't seem to remember the name though. Try searching for WIFI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Heh. I'm a petite woman and thought the iPhone 4 was perfect size-wise when I got it. When I got it, I could never imagine getting a larger phone than that. But I absolutely loved the way the 920 felt in my hand when I handled one at the AT&T store earlier this week. No problems whatsoever. I'm about to get my 810 delivered. It's almost as big as the 920, but I know I'll manage. :p

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you use the 920 over WiFi?

I can and will use my Lumia over WiFi...but my iPhone 4 will be WiFi only since the sim card is going to be switched over to the Nokia as my daily driver.

However, I'm keeping the iPhone 4 to use as a glorified iPod touch for now for music and those few Apps I can't yet get on the Nokia.

My post may have been a little confusing...

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I can and will use my Lumia over WiFi...but my iPhone 4 will be WiFi only since the sim card is going to be switched over to the Nokia as my daily driver.

However, I'm keeping the iPhone 4 to use as a glorified iPod touch for now for music and those few Apps I can't yet get on the Nokia.

My post may have been a little confusing...

Makes total sense now. Good plan.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My reason for using my iPhone 4s on wifi is Nike +. I am not sure we will ever get full functionality, including being able to pull information from exercise equipment via USB.

Balkan Eddy

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Another reason too keep iPhone 4, 4s is you can still use your iMessage and Facetime on it while you on WiFi without having sim in it.
So all other friends and family can still imessage and Facetime you.
That what i did and it just made so much easier to switch to Lumia for now, eventually will be Apple free :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss