Screen unresponsive when usb plugged in?

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem? ill plug it in to charge and i start using my phone and it takes like 10 swipes to unlock the screen. i have a cyan 920

Lenas

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have that issue sometimes, but it's not tied to the phone being plugged in. Seems to happen when it's been locked for a while, and I wonder if it has to do with lockscreen widgets updating.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
mmmm i would so excange, but damn its hard trying to get another cyan one lol i dont wanna give it up! and its probably the only problem i have had with this phone. No wireless charging plate next to your bed? thats how my baby rests lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenas

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I just turned off all of my widgets and facebook background and still got an unresponsive lock screen for a few seconds, so that's out...

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the original USB cable + plug? I have the same issue with my Lumia 800 if I use other USB chargers with different specs (1VA instead of 0.5VA for example). If so, it might well be your power network which is oscillating.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
i am using the usb cable that came with the phone. also tried an htc usb plug and had the same problem. i turned off all lock screen notifications and the screen is still acting weird. it works, just not the way it should.

jonkjonk

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i've also noticed on my 920 that it swiping (especially up and down) is horrible when plugged in. unplug it, give it 5 seconds, and voila. :\ i'm using a not-nokia USB cable and an iphone charger.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue before on my HD7. But it was with a specific USB charger I had. When plugged in the screen was unresponsive (took several swipes to unlock sometimes) and erratic (scrolling would be very jerky and the display would register hits that never took place). Haven't seen it yet on my 920

RobEllis

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my new 920. Its fine when using the Nokia charger (regardless of which cable I connect), but other chargers, which, according to their specs, have the same output of 1.0A, cause the issue.

I can only assume it is a bug, and will be fixed, because if not, then Nokia is effectively saying if you want to plug the device into, for example, your PC, for charging and syncing, the device is basically unusable for the duration.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my new 920. Its fine when using the Nokia charger (regardless of which cable I connect), but other chargers, which, according to their specs, have the same output of 1.0A, cause the issue.

Same here, works fine with the Nokia charger, but when I plugged it into a HTC charger once, the touchscreen got all weird.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It very well can be your charger, and not the phone. I had similar issues with my Zune HD. I would try a different charger before swapping the phone. You may just have a bad charger. I am using my old samsung charger form my Focus and I have no issues with touch when plugged in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise