Your Gender and the Color of Lumia 920 You Bought / Ordered / Planning To Buy / Want

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Male, wanted grey but ordered black since grey is nowhere to be found right now. But black is also perfect for the phone imo, just wanted something different to my 800 this time.

Yoon Terry

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered Yelow L920. (male here)
My carrier only had Yellow, White, and Black.
Already have white iPhone5, and had black iPhones b4, so the only interesting choice was yellow.
If red was avail, it would have been a tough pick between red and yellow.
I will pretend this will be my yellow Porsche 911..

Last edited:

Expat64

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I got a cyan on release day but don't like how slippery it is (sans any case). Well it bricked on me while visiting friends in AZ and the only ATT store that had any had white and black. Opted for the white and am pleased that it (the gloss) is more grippy.

I do like the yellow, but that's the only colour I've not seen in the wild yet.
Sent from my white Lumia 920 using Board Express

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My first instinct was white but I was afraid of scratches on the gloss finish so I decided to get matte black. Then I decided black was too generic and to go crazy and get cyan. Then I saw a torture video with a white 920 and it did not scratch easily so I got the white. I am not normally so indecisive.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Male and went with white. I only got white cause it was available! CBF waiting for then other colours.

I originally wanted red, yellow or grey..

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Male and originally wanted a cyan to match my cyan Surface but they are non-existent here in the UK. As soon as I saw the black in store I was hooked, loving my black 920.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
When I first looked at the Lumia 900, I liked the matte feel versus the glossy white but my first Windows Phone was a glossy Lumia 900. I swapped out for a One X and appreciated the polycarb finish on the device so when I ulitmately became fed up with Android and returned to Windows Phone I got the cyan matte finish.

Cyan makes a fairly bold statement about you, your device of choice and I don't really want that kind of attention. To me it just says, look at me I'm out there, and I didn't want that to be my calling card everywhere I went. Would it have been a conversation piece wherever I went? Sure, because most people don't opt for a red/yellow/white/pink/blue/purple/mango/etc. phone, and basic black or silver work just fine. If gray matte was an option I would have gotten that when I purchased the 920, but the black seemed to me the more appropriate choice given the professional working environment I am in. I also didn't want the cyan hue to direct traffic to me much like the white Apple earbuds did when iPods were all the rage back in the day. I generally have enough on my person (phone, wallet, keys, bluetooth headset) to draw attention to myself from would-be thieves. I have never been the victim of a pick-pocket but I have had my car broken into before and lost things of value because in my foolish youth I left a radar detector out in plain sight.

The cyan 900 did have an unintended benefit though; when the 920 was launched my wife knew that this was the phone I had been waiting for so she agreed to let me add a line of service to our account and get the 920 provided I get a killer deal on it. On 11/7 when I pre-ordered the phone I didn't even pay the $99 + tax on it, so between my corporate discount and the $49.99 price correction credit I asked for and shared here on WPC I got an incredible deal. The catch was that our daughter would get my Lumia 900. So far I haven't regretted the move and I know that she is primiarly using the phone and PIM functions rather than surfing the internet. I also know that Nokia makes quality products and the 900 had excellent call quality and clarity. My wife sighs every now and then because she's on a Galaxy S III.

Circ3

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
so 155 vote casted n only 13 women? lol WP is not popular amongst women then i guess.. )

Not true lol. I'm a woman, followed the L920 since it was announced in September, searched google almost everyday for updates, switched from Verizon and purchased my beautiful white L920 on launch day. If that's not dedication, then I don't know what is! And it seems to me that my girl friends are more interested in this phone/OS than my guy friends. They loved my magenta tiles against the white phone, and two of them are switching from iPhones to get Lumias. The guys, on the other hand, are all hardcore fandroids and it's very difficult to tear their gaze from their new Notes/Nexuses.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
-male
-first lumia was red (i loved it but it had soooo many issues)
-current lumia is white and i regret getting it. should have gotten another red or black.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb