STILL waiting for the wireless charge pad...

Cephiros

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as everybody else here. I ordered mine on 11/6/12 from the premier website. Phone shipped on 11/9/12, shipped on 11/10/12 overnight and received on 11/12/12 but the still waiting on the charge pad. Looks like it's going to be a some time before I get mine.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to Nokia and they basically said that they are aware of the issue of wireless charger supplies and that they are working hard to get them out to ATT...

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't imagine putting it in your car would be very good. You would have to mess with the charging cable, as well as figure out some sort of docking mechanism so that the phone doesn't slide right off during movement.

You sound like the ATT rep. There is nothing to mess with as far as the charging cable goes. Making a housing for the charger will be easy enough.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You sound like the ATT rep. There is nothing to mess with as far as the charging cable goes. Making a housing for the charger will be easy enough.
Errr... what? How many people have a standard AC outlet in their car?

If you are savvy with fabrication, sure, it will be easy to just make a cradle. I was simply trying to point out that the way the charger works, out of the box, it isn't exactly ready as a plug and play device for the car. I fail to see how that makes me sound like an AT&T rep, but I respect your opinion.

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just had a chat conversation with the rep, after asking her manager, she told me that the wireless charge pad will be shipped 30 days from my purchase date. We'll see if that is true or not.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
For me there was no info about the order online, but when i called the order said it was still processing.

Anyone wearing case on Lumia while charging? I wonder if it effects performance or has some side effects ...

Someone on the forum said it charged through a jelly case with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone in store on the 7th and thought the associate added the charging pad, but come to find out when I went and got my phone activated in store it was not added to my pre-order. For the mistake they waived my porting fee and activation fee...but now I will be even further down the list for when they get shipments in...they can take as long as they want with the charging pad though...I am just glad to have my phone.

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
**** my still store gives me "They're trying to find out how they're supposed to handle the orders" -.-

I don't mind waiting, but holy christ someone there needs to figure **** out.

crazysaint

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the phone from the store on 11/09 and obviously did not have the charger in stock. I called them two days back and the store guy told me that they have no idea when it is going to ship since the shipments will be handled by Nokia directly and no AT&T. When I asked for a tracking #/order # they said I will get it on email once the charger gets shipped. Anyone bought from the store get any tracking # for the charger?

Arenzael

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It may also not help that the Verizon HTC 8x also uses the same Nokia Charging pad on their site. Which means you have even more retailers trying to stock of the item. There doesn't seem to be many options for wireless chargers yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss