STILL waiting for the wireless charge pad...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with news from AT&T of when they are coming? I bought my phone in store on day one and the charger hasn't come in the mail. I know a few of you got yours but I'm guessing the majority haven't. And yes, I know there has been other threads about this.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T to get my free charging pad after I ordered the phone and the woman told me that they are on a huge backorder right now because the charger was a lot more popular than they anticipated. So it may be quite some time before I receive it.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Popularity shouldn't matter in the sense that they should have ordered/had at least one charger per phone since they were free. They should have backordered anyone who wanted extras.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with news from AT&T of when they are coming? I bought my phone in store on day one and the charger hasn't come in the mail. I know a few of you got yours but I'm guessing the majority haven't. And yes, I know there has been other threads about this.

I'm in the exact same boat as you.
Sent from my White Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I got mine this past Tuesday. With all of the stock issues of the 920 I wouldn't be surprised if the charging pad is in the same boat. I was actually shocked to receive mine so quickly. I purchased the phone at 9am launch day east coast so I may have been one of the first to get an order in.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I went in to ATT yesterday and told them the only reason I bought this phone was for the wireless charger. They told me they have no control over the stock which I do understand. I asked how am I supposed to test out the reason I bought the phone If I do not get the hardware that was presumably there on launch day, their ads made no mention of it being shipped whenever they felt like it. I then asked am I SOL if I don't get this charger within my 14 day grace period. He ended up extending my grace period to return the phone by another 7 days to which I still do not think the charger will be here

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Most offers I've seen say while supplies last. And the ones that don't, I see seeing one its purchased before that January date, you'll get one.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
ATT's website says "The included Nokia Wireless Charging Plate will ship at a later date." this has nothing to do with "while supplies" last. you buy one, you get one..from ATT anyways

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I went in to ATT yesterday and told them the only reason I bought this phone was for the wireless charger. They told me they have no control over the stock which I do understand. I asked how am I supposed to test out the reason I bought the phone If I do not get the hardware that was presumably there on launch day, their ads made no mention of it being shipped whenever they felt like it. I then asked am I SOL if I don't get this charger within my 14 day grace period. He ended up extending my grace period to return the phone by another 7 days to which I still do not think the charger will be here

If you are really terribly worried, I am sure you can find a store somewhere reasonably local and just buy one, use it, make sure you are happy with it, and then return it waiting on receipt of your free charger. FWIW I have yet to personally see the free charger advertised at all. Kind of a bummer. I think suply chain issues are hurting the L920's launch big time. :(

blurredvision

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm confused, what exactly is there to test? You put the phone on the plate, it charges. Not really sure why you're concerned here.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, what exactly is there to test? You put the phone on the plate, it charges. Not really sure why you're concerned here.

With all of the issues popping up with the 920, I can understand wanting to make sure that wireless charging works properly before deciding to keep the device. While I haven't read issues about wireless charging yet, there are a relatively few number of people who have received their wireless charger compared to the number of people who have gotten their handsets.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I received mine in the mail Tuesday. But I bought mine online last week. I wonder if there's a difference between in store and online.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I want to see how well it tests, what my options are with it as far as stands, putting it in my car.
I wouldn't imagine putting it in your car would be very good. You would have to mess with the charging cable, as well as figure out some sort of docking mechanism so that the phone doesn't slide right off during movement.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention we'd have a whole new thread about screens scratched from sliding off charging in the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)