Got "free" charging dock instead of charging plate with my 920, here's how.

blurredvision

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would share this with you all. I have always been much more interested in the charging dock than the charging plate, mainly because I sit at a desk 40+ hours a week and I already have a phone holder that props my phone up for me. What's better than having it charge for me at the same time?

So I bought my 920 on launch day and the store didn't have the charging plates, so the guy said they hoped to have some in this week and to give them a call to come pick one up. I called late last night to see if they had gotten any charging plates in and the lady said they had one. I head up there this morning right at opening and found that they didn't have the plates, rather just one of the charging docks. I grabbed it and when it was my turn, I let them know that I was told incorrectly last night and I asked nicely if I could just get a credit for the plate and pay the difference for the dock. She said, "That sounds reasonable," and checked with a manager. He said it was OK and I walked out with a dock for $20.

glenada

Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
I e-mailed AT&T about the wireless charger, and the rep wrote back to say that customers who purchased the 920 will be receiving a charger.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I e-mailed AT&T about the wireless charger, and the rep wrote back to say that customers who purchased the 920 will be receiving a charger.

but interestingly when i got an email from at&t that they shipped part of my order (that is my phone n not the charging plate) it stated that:

"...If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled..."

now does that apply for charging plates too?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
but interestingly when i got an email from at&t that they shipped part of my order (that is my phone n not the charging plate) it stated that:

"...If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled..."

now does that apply for charging plates too?

Now don't quote me on this... but I would think that their system is built this way so that you don't have orders piling up perpetually forever on a potentially discontinued product. The system "assumes", after 30 days, that they will get no more stock. That is my best guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett