920's Calendar

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have a weird calendar...

Basically, when i set up dates in my calendar and i go to month view, i have foriegn text in that day (i cant tell if its German, Polish or French).

Has anyone received their phone from Expansys and is experiencing the same thing? This is abit strange to be honest and im wondering if anyone knows of a fix. :confused:

Thanks,

Pete

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the standard placeholder text that Microsoft uses on the calendar. It is just there to signify that there is an event that day. I believe it is Latin. The problem is that with high def screens you can actually read the text! Hopefully they will eventually use actual event info on the month view calendar.

gfunk84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would just make today white/black and days with events the color of the calendar under which the event is saved.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish they would just make today white/black and days with events the color of the calendar under which the event is saved.[/QUOTE

If they would do that and allow me to post month view on the home screen it would be the perfect calendar!

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
There was another thread about this, which is what got me to notice this. Not sure what the point is... I assume it's just a thematic element, but still don't quite get... why?

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Post a screenshot. Home+Power to take one.

8193093849_1c84d60c20_b.jpg

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is Lorem Ipsum text used as filler to show that there are things going on that day. On Windows Phone 7 devices the screen resolutions were not good enough for that text te be readable.

Now that we have a large screen with super high pixel definition, that text is readable.

I thought this might happen when they launched with better screens, but wasn't sure if Microsoft would adjust the calendar to accommodate that.

Looks like they didn't.

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is Lorem Ipsum text used as filler to show that there are things going on that day. On Windows Phone 7 devices the screen resolutions were not good enough for that text te be readable.

Now that we have a large screen with super high pixel definition, that text is readable.

I thought this might happen when they launched with better screens, but wasn't sure if Microsoft would adjust the calendar to accommodate that.

Looks like they didn't.

So by all accounts, this isnt actually a bug but more of a redundent feature thanks to the IPS screen...

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
So by all accounts, this isnt actually a bug but more of a redundent feature thanks to the IPS screen...

Yeah more or less. It was not intended to be read, just symbolic of items listed on those days to give you an indication that you had things on those days.

S Jessen

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
But still, the calendar month view should have been improved to make use of all those Lumia 920 pixels! This ought to come in an update soon, perhaps even with other obvious improvements to the build-in calendar, like week view, better live tile, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes