Does the Lumia 920 ship with a headset?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Depends... the American (AT&T) version is the only one without a headset. If you get one from Rogers Canada or an international unlocked version, they will come with a nice set of headphones in the same color as your phone.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never been a fan of included headsets. The only memorable pair I ever got came with my original Focus. In-ear buds with a three button controller, nice. Most are buds with a single button controller. Still, I think something should be included, if just for hands free operation.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My issue is that the "standard" three button controllers don't seem to work with this phone. I have a couple different ones ranging from $20-$200 in price, all of which works with iPhone, most on Android, none on this Nokia (minus the pause skip... that seems to work just fine).

Narendranad Katneni

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried my Apple earphones too. The audio works, but mic doesn't.
Anyway, I called up AT&T CSR and after a 30 mins call (CSR didn't know if the headset is to be included with the phone or not) I got a $15 credit to my AT&T account.
I'm going to a store now to buy a headset of my choice. :cool:

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The spec used on Nokia phones is different thus most generic headsets/earphones with mic designed for iPhone will not be working for Lumia. In that scenario it would be nice if there were a pair of earphones included.

I have been wanting to ask this question to everybody on this forum. Aren't you all bothered at all that there are no earphones?

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Aren't you all bothered at all that there are no earphones?

nope. not at all. honestly, i don't think i've ever used an included headset so long as i've owned a smartphone (since 2006 or so). i rely on earbuds for music and either my truck's built-in bluetooth or a separate bluetooth headset for calls.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
it would've been nice to throw in a cheap crappy pair of headphones...then I could add to my collection stuffed in a drawer.

LochBox

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My crappy work skull candy headphones work just fine. I can skip, pause, and answer calls. Just wish I had volume control because the set that came with the focus were decent and had every control you needed.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've never been a fan of included headsets. The only memorable pair I ever got came with my original Focus. In-ear buds with a three button controller, nice. Most are buds with a single button controller. Still, I think something should be included, if just for hands free operation.

That's the same headset I've been using with the 900 and now the 920. All controls seem to be working fine for me.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Love the included headphones with the Focus. I even accidentally washed them in the washer and they still work. Though, I haven't seen if the inline controls work or not...

EDIT: They work perfectly. Inline controls and mic.

The headset that came with my wife's Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket works only with the mic. The one button control on it doesn't do anything.

Also didn't' realize how much better the Nokia sounds through these headsets than my Focus did. Wow.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh well, looks like I was spoiled a little by the fruit company. I have a MW600 from Sony but given the bluetooth issues I read, I am not sure if it's gonna work straight out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte