Here's a cool comparison between Nokia Lumia 920 vs Iphone 5

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not incorrect.

The iPhone is pretty hit and miss if you have gloves on. You might be able to get a button to work here and there, but the responsiveness is very poor.

With the Lumia 920 you can get great responsiveness. Regular swipes and touches work fine. You don't have to press extra hard or press five times.

Im not sure what youre doing wrong but I used my iphone with gloves every day with no problems.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
For iPhone people complaining about a playful ad, I think you may want to look at Apple. They made it cool to make fun of MS.

And most of the snooty tech people I know are Apple fans. Not to say all ate like that by any means. But most of the non-snooty ones don't get offended by thus kind of stuff anyway.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, apple has stopped those ads and focused their product all about them and their marketing team is great. they make the old look great and new and make you feel like you need it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure what youre doing wrong but I used my iphone with gloves every day with no problems.

Good for you.

It doesn't change the fact that the Lumia 920 has a vastly superior screen when it comes to touch sensitivity.

That doesn't mean YOU should get one if you have the magic iPhone that works well with gloves.

But if that's something important to a buyer, then the Lumia 920 makes more sense.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah seriously, ive used my work gloves which are rubbery, gardening gloves, and my winter running gloves with the touch screen crap you speak.
Props to you then. I honestly cannot get those to work. Maybe you have the magic touch. I certainly don't think it's the norm. Look at video comparisons online. Haven't seen a single person successfully get touch response with gloved hands, let alone navigate the OS on an iPhone.

Honestly, put a vid up on YouTube. People will be amazed. I guarantee it.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
For iPhone people complaining about a playful ad, I think you may want to look at Apple. They made it cool to make fun of MS.
I remember this. And this was a time when I was an MS fan through and through. And you know what it did for me? It made me resent Apple for that, especially because most of their comparisons between Mac and PC were blatent lies. My favorite was the router that could "speak" the Macs language and "just work". Seriously. It's a router. I have never met a route that didn't just work when I plugged a windows machine into it...

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Props to you then. I honestly cannot get those to work. Maybe you have the magic touch. I certainly don't think it's the norm. Look at video comparisons online. Haven't seen a single person successfully get touch response with gloved hands, let alone navigate the OS on an iPhone.

Honestly, put a vid up on YouTube. People will be amazed. I guarantee it.

will try with my gf's iphone 4s tonight

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, apple has stopped those ads and focused their product all about them and their marketing team is great. they make the old look great and new and make you feel like you need it.

The damage is already done.

It's like spreading rumors about someone and getting everyone to believe them. Then stop after you've decimated their rep. I guess Apple deserves a cookie now.

But competition is competition. I liked the Apple ads and laughed. They were good.

Circ3

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was funny & cute :) especially the "you're holding it wrong!" tongue in cheek humor is great, always enjoyed the Droid iDon't/Droid does, Samsung's gsIII, Verizon's "there's a map for that," etc. commercials. Some people have no sense of humor! Lighten up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo