Minor light bleed from capacitive buttons

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this? I only notice it if I hold the phone almost vertically, looking from the top down towards the capacitive buttons. There is a small line of white light above where the windows button is.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
yes, my phone has a light leak to the left of the windows and back button.

edit

above to the right of the search button has a light leak.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
is this a cause of concern or should I ignore it?

I couldn't say. My initial concern was getting dust in there. I noticed dust under my camera, as mentioned above, though I doubt it got in from where I am seeing light leaks. There may be reason to worry about moisture too? Really not sure on this.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If this is an issue of concern and I know ATT will replace it, but Im doubting I will get one overnighted like they claim at this time

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I've just realised this problem depends a lot on how light the room is. In a light room, the capactive buttons do not light up at all. When I noticed it yesterday it was quite dark - now in the day I can barely see the issue at all.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone I returned yesterday had that problem. The nee one is light leak free. The leak didn't really bother me, I returned it for the creaking/freezing/overheating issues.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
*bump*
I just got off the chat with Nokia CC, and "Jason" told me that the 10 Lumias he tested on, all of them had the same issue and that it's a non-issue. But ended said, if I was dissatisfied can go exchange it. Can people please confirm if this is an "issue" at all??

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing..damnit, need to stop reading the forums. It's not an issue for me, because it doesn't really leak out onto the screen.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Erzhik, sinabu,
Exactly. It doesn't distort the screen nor affect it in anyway, even at nights. But talking to couple of people and friends, suggest future problem or why compromise response.
The flip side is waiting a long time for a replacement against this almost non-issue.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
On an issue like this I would play the Wait and See card. If it is a problem and is fixed in a later hardware revison swapping equipment now will more than likely not yield any fixed results but if it does start to become A problem with distorting the screen then I might go ahead.

Just with the way the phones are back ordered I would like to let them catch up and get all the bugs worked out in manufacturing :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb