Nokia Drive + Beta .....map oriented all wrong

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Started up Nokia drive plus Beta.....North south streets are oriented East West. Little compass needle in bottom of screen points to the left and right side of screen rather than top bottom as is normal for maps conventions. North is supposed to be at the top.

but it's not. Then next time I open it the streets are oriented at a 45 degree angle to the map?

have all location services on. It finds my address....but the streets are just oriented wrong to map coconventions ideas?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
the map actually make reference where your device pointing, not based on NS, which is just the way I like it. In portrait mode, the top of your device is the direction of the map, similar the top side when you do landscape. The compass is to give you reference of the direction.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
the map actually make reference where your device pointing, not based on NS, which is just the way I like it. In portrait mode, the top of your device is the direction of the map, similar the top side when you do landscape. The compass is to give you reference of the direction.

That's correct. It's originated in the direction of travel. Being a surveyor, when I got my Garmin gps unit I was a little confused. I found out I could touch the screen and originate to north. What a mess! I wasn't traveling in the direction of north. So direction of travel it is. There's some smart people designing these things.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's correct. It's originated in the direction of travel. Being a surveyor, when I got my Garmin gps unit I was a little confused. I found out I could touch the screen and originate to north. What a mess! I wasn't traveling in the direction of north. So direction of travel it is. There's some smart people designing these things.
Like I said, I think its smart and I love it. Actually hate what you expecting. Its a preference. So if it follows garmin or whatever brand out there that insist to point NS regardless where I heading I would had been the one that started this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077