920 keeps shutting down.

YSDesign

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
when i first got the phone, i also had this problem. att tech had me reset the phone to default (basically ridding myself of all apps). they told me not to add old apps. so i selectively added only updated apps.

after portico, it did it again. i uninstalled a couple of apps and it was good. i just re-installed Bookqueue (as it was just updated) and it hung again. i took it out and so far so good but, still monitoring it. not sure if it's the app, sim card (as someone above said), or something some apps do like location? very annoying.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Since I last posted I decided to perform a factory reset. Been on the gears screen for a while now. I'm just going to leave it and hope all goes well. Other than the reset problem this phone is great!

ipeefreeli

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem before the Portico update. Seems to have gotten worse since then. It's whenever I leave my phone unattended for a while.

The only thing keeping me from getting it exchanged is having to pay to unlock it again, and my phone isn't essential, so it's not urgent.

tommy2050

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Four days without reboots since I got the new sim card. Yesterday it rebooted as I started the podcast in wpcentral app and simultaneously received and SMS. Today a reboot when idle.

Thought I had it fixed. It's discouraging, but at least it reboots less than before :/

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Im seriously starting to think its the WPCentral app that is causing the unit to shutdown. After I performed my factory reset everything was fine. For 2 days straight I had no issues, no more random shutdowns. As soon as I installed WPCentral app it all started back up again. I uninstalled the app and now its back to normal. I had no other apps installed besides Metrotube. With Metrotube installed the phone worked fine. It is still on my phone and I haven't had a shutdown since I removed the WPcentral app. Kinda sucks because that is one of my favorite apps. Just paid for it too!!

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can't exchange it at the store. Have to do a warranty exchange for a refurb! Oh well at least they are sending the refurb first then I send them back the old phone. Don't really like the idea of getting a refurbished phone, but I have no choice.

tommy2050

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Im seriously starting to think its the WPCentral app that is causing the unit to shutdown. After I performed my factory reset everything was fine. For 2 days straight I had no issues, no more random shutdowns. As soon as I installed WPCentral app it all started back up again. I uninstalled the app and now its back to normal. I had no other apps installed besides Metrotube. With Metrotube installed the phone worked fine. It is still on my phone and I haven't had a shutdown since I removed the WPcentral app. Kinda sucks because that is one of my favorite apps. Just paid for it too!!

My thoughts as well. As soon as I installed the wpcentral app, the reboots started.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Phone continues to keep shutting down even with WPCentral app uninstalled. My phone has shutdown at least 6 times in 2 days. Hoping the replacement fixes the issue.

Randolph Medrano

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me when it is idle for a long time. After disconecting from BT. After playing a playlist. After stopping WiFi use. Neither hard reset or uninstalling skype or whatnot would fix it. I use it as an alarm and it is really a pain that I could not get up earlier without it; yeah sometimes I could but it is really a pain. The Nokia Care Person I am emailing with said to send it to a Nokia Care Point but I have to find a sub phone before I do. Would it be wise to send it to them? I am the second owner of the phone, got this from amazon though. Please do reply, thanks!

Randolph Medrano

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a wpcentral app. And if this also happens to someone with 8X, it may probably be a problem with the OS, a software, app in the phone (native or installed by the owner), or the hardware similar to both devices (snapdragon).

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement on Thursday and so far everything is going well! It came in the retail box, looked brand new. Still had all the protective stickers on it and everything. Really hope this one holds out. It's only been a few days so its still too early to tell. I've installed all my usual apps except wpcentral.

Randolph Medrano

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Keep us posted. Thursday to Sunday without shutting itself down is really great! I just hope it does keep itself on for a long, long time - because if not, I, also, might have to send this phone soon. I mean, I'm kind of scared of getting a refurb (even though it is working really well) - haha - it's just that, one day it might crash and my phone no longer is covered by warranty.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I would let everyone know, my 920 is still going strong! :smile: Very happy with my new unit! I've installed all my usual apps, even WPCentral!

Randolph Medrano

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised that for the past few days, my phone has been performing really well I need it most: ALARM. What I find odd (I do not know if this is a good or a bad news) is that my phone switches off (Yes, it still does) whenever I finish a task that makes the phone go really hot or when I disconnect from the car's bluetooth. I really do not know the reason for this but good thing the random letdowns have been reduced. Really, really thankful for that! :)

midtownpenguin

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
How re your phones now? Mine has been doing this since the day I got it back in December. After a long ordeal with my carrier they are shipping me a new device. I didn't want a refurb. Hope that all your phones stay on! I was missing calls and texts left and right :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium