920 keeps shutting down.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine is like a brand new phone! Works great! Only problem is Bluetooth connection in my car. When it works its awesome! When it doesn't it sucks.

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me when it is idle for a long time. After disconecting from BT. After playing a playlist. After stopping WiFi use. Neither hard reset or uninstalling skype or whatnot would fix it. I use it as an alarm and it is really a pain that I could not get up earlier without it; yeah sometimes I could but it is really a pain. The Nokia Care Person I am emailing with said to send it to a Nokia Care Point but I have to find a sub phone before I do. Would it be wise to send it to them? I am the second owner of the phone, got this from amazon though. Please do reply, thanks!
I sent my phone to Nokia for repairs because of the shutting off by itself when idle issue it was having. The phone came back with a sheet where it says all the diagnostic test they did to the phone and it says they didn't find anything wrong and that they couldn't recreate the problem. Today is my second day with the phone after it came.This morning when I pick it up to see the time it was off. Also on the sheet says that if it happens again it could be third party apps but in my case I know is not that because I reset it before sending it to them and didn't install anything and it was shutting down with no third party apps. Mines does it only when is idle for a few hours

wygenius

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine 920 does exactly the same thing.
It is very annoying that every time I have to perform a soft restart to bring the phone back on, and need to reset the date and time since it will set to Sep 1st, 2012 every time it shuts down.
Actually a soft restart means that the phone is not shut down properly but has a system crash (just like a normal PC).
I have tried everything since I discovered the problem, including sending it to Nokia Care for a checking, but the support there said that the machine was just fine and they were unable to recreate the problem.
However, what I have noticed is that each time the phone shuts itself down, there are some application which I didn't close completed but left them running at the background. Most of them are social application, such as twitter, WeChat, etc. Therefore, I can't help but to wonder that this issue is caused by background notification push. When the phone is idle, these background apps are sending/receiving data which cause a system crash and the phone got shut down.
Now I am trying to close those kind of applications every time I am done using. will have to see if my assumption is right and how things go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes