920 Screen replacement

user S

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife dropped her brand new 920 last night and it destroyed the screen beyond safe use (still works totally fine, but has shards of glass poking up on the surface you can feel). I'm buying a new one for her in a few days, but I would really like to get the screen replaced on the broken one so I can use it instead of my 900.

Anyone know of somewhere that can replace the screen, via mail-in most likely?

flapadlr_Nok900

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I posted the same on another thread a few minutes ago. So far, responses include third party repair ( per Nokia Discussions thread) by Palco, they want $182. Also, to check your homeowner's insurance.

I think the flat screen on my 900 was a more reliable design, since the curved screen on the 920 was the only thing that caught the tile. No marks otherwise. The impact point is quite obviously on the screen.

user S

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea that was me who posted he info on the Nokia thread. I forgot to come back to this one and post the updated info too :( The 3rd party is an authorized Nokia repair center and the one Nokia gave me for the US.

The phone I had that broke has no marks at all and looks like it hit a rock or something to shatter the screen from just falling out of her pocket. The design definitely isn't as good as the 900. I've dropped mine 20+ times on every angle without so much as a ding on the body.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Theres a authorized nokia repair center in Manhattan that I have taken all my nokia phones over the years for screen placement and other things, they are great. If you would like the info , phone number etc, hit me up on private message. :smile:

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
RIP. My heart goes out to those affected by this disaster.
After some research, I was getting a lot of hits around 150-180 for repair :-X It will get cheaper the longer the phone has been out. So I'd wait a little while.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
that's why i have the clear film applied to the front of the screen. you'd be surprised at how much abuse these thin little films can take. you can get one for $3.99 shipped on ebay. cover's both front and back and side. top and bottom is still exposed.

flapadlr_Nok900

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
BrazilianThunder,

Thank you for the search criteria for the service manual, it bore fruit.

I do not see any screens on ebay less than $150, can you give me a hint as to whom you bought it from? PM if necessary? Also, it's been a couple of weeks, how did your replacement go? :)

Thanks,

Flapadlr

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
BrazilianThunder,

Thank you for the search criteria for the service manual, it bore fruit.

I do not see any screens on ebay less than $150, can you give me a hint as to whom you bought it from? PM if necessary? Also, it's been a couple of weeks, how did your replacement go? :)

Thanks,

Flapadlr

Do a search for lumia 920 digitizer to find just the touch panel without the LCD. I just did and saw one for 72 and one for 79.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)