I have the Lumia 920 and previously had an iPhone. I am a bit confused if anyone can clarify I would be grateful.
    With iTunes it was pretty straight forward.. you connect your iPhone to one PC and purchased music and apps through iTunes or through the App Store on the iPhone itself and when you connect the iPhone it syncs both ways
    With the Lumia 920 it seems a bit messy. I have a Windows 8 PC and on that one my phone can be seen in My Computer and I can drop stuff onto it. On my laptop (Win 7) it opens an App which looks at my files. Now the guy in the phone shop told me that Zune was now my iTunes replacement for this phone but on NEITHER computer (Win 8 or Win 7) does Zune connect to my phone! The icon shows 'No Device Connected'. I have so far purchased one app which went smoothly from my phone. Still unclear about where is best to purchase things from via the PC.

Also where do I backup what I purchase on my phone.

Thanks. Regards Gerard
    11-18-2012 05:11 PM
    Good question. I also came over from the IPhone. The music is little confusing. Do I use the Nokia app or Xbox music.
    Would like to know also about buying online and sync to phone.
    11-18-2012 05:22 PM
    Here's some WPCentral info on Xbox Music Pass | Windows Phone Central. Think Zune won't work with WM8 and you use the MS Windows Phone app to sync on Win7. I can see my phone in Windows Explorer where I can move files to and from my phone.
    11-18-2012 06:21 PM
    Zune does not work with new WP8 devices. It was for Zune and WP7 devices only. I miss the Zune music manager though because it made things easy. Now on Windows 8 you either use My computer and drag and drop everything or download the Windows Phone 8 app from the Windows store. Or you can just download/manage all the music directly from the phone. On Windows 7 you download the Desktop Windows Phone 8 app (google it) and use it to manage your music. Hope this helps!
    11-18-2012 07:08 PM