Headphones for U.S. Lumia 920?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for good in-ear headphones that are compatible with the Lumia 920 in the U.S.? I read on Nokia's web site that the Lumia 920 has a universal audio connector, so does that mean any headphones with a 3.5 mm jack are compatible? Nokia doesn't list any in-ear headphones on their Lumia 920 accessories page, so I was trying to figure out what to buy.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Any 3.5mm headphones should be compatible. I use the Nokia Purity In-Ear Headphones by Monster with my 900, and they work great. They have in-line controls and a mic, although sometimes the in-line controls don't always work when the screen is locked. In happy with them though, but they are a little pricey.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nokia purity in ears. Three button controller. Works perfectly with the 920. Didn't always work with the 900 but that was a device issue.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually considering the Nokia Purity In-ear Headphones, so it's nice to know they work with the 920. I wonder if Nokia will release them in colors to match the 920. I would love yellow ones to match my yellow phone. The only yellow headset so far is the new Purity Pro Wireless Headset, which I'm sure will be an outrageous price. Does anybody know if those are even available for sale in the U.S. yet? AT&T and Amazon don't sell them.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually considering the Nokia Purity In-ear Headphones, so it's nice to know they work with the 920. I wonder if Nokia will release them in colors to match the 920. I would love yellow ones to match my yellow phone. The only yellow headset so far is the new Purity Pro Wireless Headset, which I'm sure will be an outrageous price. Does anybody know if those are even available for sale in the U.S. yet? AT&T and Amazon don't sell them.

i have the yellow and would also like the earbuds in yellow =)

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I know there are some Lumia kiosks at malls supposedly handing at $100 off vouchers for some of the purity lines. I was thinking of picking up one of the over the ears myself, if the price it right. If I udnerstand correctly, original retail is $200. With a voucher that makes it $100. Would be a **** of a deal.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know there are some Lumia kiosks at malls supposedly handing at $100 off vouchers for some of the purity lines. I was thinking of picking up one of the over the ears myself, if the price it right. If I udnerstand correctly, original retail is $200. With a voucher that makes it $100. Would be a **** of a deal.

lumia kiosks exist? Like where to be exact? I'm not questioning you at all, just would really like to know where i can find one =)

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Ultimate Ears 350vm, has on-cord mic/call answer/volume controls.

I really like those earbuds and they worked perfectly on my Lumia 900 when using Spotify. Volume control and track changing worked perfectly with Spotify but not with Zune. I have not tried them on the 920 yet.

Any word on when the Nokia Purity Pro wireless headsets are coming out? Last I heard was fourth quarter 2012.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yellow in ear is coming soon. Check puritybymonster.com for an update.

Thanks for the info. Just checked their web site and I do see the in-ear headphones in yellow (also in red for all you red Lumia 920 owners), though it only shows they're "coming soon". I wonder when that will be. Their FB Twitter pages haven't been updated in ages.

---------- Post Merged at 01:02 AM ----------

lumia kiosks exist? Like where to be exact? I'm not questioning you at all, just would really like to know where i can find one =)

Yeah, where?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
There is one in Boston's Southshore mall. They are calling it the Nokia experience. They seem to be at high-end high-traffic malls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss