Microsoft is stealing my money via the Wallet App

iJuan

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, WTF
I added my credit cards on the stupid Wallet app on WP8 on my Lumia 920, and I just logged into my Discover account to find out that Microsoft decided to take $1 from my Discover card. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA
I have NOT purchased anything on this device yet, and Microsoft took $1, idk why????

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Microsoft???? Email? Anything?
Why is Microsoft taking my money?

Last edited by a moderator:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Re: WTF, Microsoft is stealing my money via the Wallet App

Most likely, it's not a charge, it's a hold that will go away in a month. Most companies do similar when you add a credit card; they need to verify that the card is actually yours.

FLLMTR

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Is the $1 pending or has it posted? There is a difference. Usually companies will run the credit card number to validate it. It will show up as a $1 pending charge. But it does not get posted.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft is trying to raise enough money to buy Instagram so thats the automatic $1 donation charge, I had to pay mine too so... /s

Last edited:

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Wow. This post is just a little sensationalist don't you think?

i don't meant to be rude, but are you new to the online credit cards thing? PayPal, amazon, and I am sure other companies I can't think of right now all do this.

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

LOL, Microsoft is NOT stealing your money. It's common for all companies to do that and it's just a test pending transaction. The $1 will disappear and you will not be charged.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Microsoft is sending it to me for my Windows Phone Fashion Makeover 2012. My newly buffed-up physique from lifting this big heavy Lumia 920 needs some new duds to help complete the look. Nate Berkus will be the emcee, and there's going to be a simulcast on WPCentral just in time for the holidays! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa