Does your MUSIC PLAYER NOT TURN OFF ???

dk0654

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay, Don't yell at me too much as I cant find a good answer in the forums.

When I stop/pause the music player it's really not STOPPED. You can hit the volume rocker and bam!!!! it's back and just paused.
For now all I know to do is power the phone off/on.
I read about an APP but why use an APP when it should be just a simple tap to turn the dang thing off.
I'm new to Windows Phones but hope this doesn't ruin my experience.

Skeet1981

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it times out after about 30 mins, maybe an hour. I did notice it there but I haven't reset my phone yet and it's gone now.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Install 'Stop The Music' and pin it to your start screen. Just a simple click and it clears the music player controls from your start screen, simple!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually like having quick access to the music player after I've paused. Also, I've noticed it goes away after a certain time period. The fact took the controls off the lock screen shows they are listening to complaints. For me, I've already had a few instances where I've paused my music, come back 10 minutes later and had the convenience of pressing play to start right back up.
It's just my personal preference.

I guess the perfect solution would allow a closing of the music app with the back button, thereby removing the controls from the volume bar.

Also, the idea of the op going into rage mode as he picks his phone up, hits volume and see the music player controls OVER AND OVER is quite amusing to me...and a reboot to make them go away. Ah Mondays...

Last edited:

dk0654

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah nothing like not being able to turn it off and you accidentally hit the play and people hear the song WHORE(in this moment) blaring from my phone in public....really?
I laugh when i hear. There's an app for that...I feel it should just work. I shouldnt have to load 10 apps to start or stop crap.
Yes it does drain battery on pause. I tested it. It runs in the background.
Kinda like not being able to charge the phone when it's OFF LOL is there an APP for that?

RockPaperBFG

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that I much prefer it to just stay paused. I stream music to my car and when I start my car it picks up from where it was before and that is exactly what I want it to do. Also, since Windows Phone 7 launched I have never once accidentally started playing music, so I can't imagine that is a real issue.

jimmyjunk30

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean it runs in the background? Every app 'runs in the background' when you exit it, that's how windows phone multitasking works. Apps are able to freeze their state and can then resume when you switch back to them. None of these apps use battery while they are frozen. Why do you think the music player is any different.

I'm not sure how you observed it draining your battery, but I can only think you are mistaken.

Last edited:

howie

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually like having quick access to the music player after I've paused. Also, I've noticed it goes away after a certain time period. ...

How did you get it to "go away" ?
I was in the Microsoft App Store on Friday night laying in bed trying out the various music samples to see if I wanted to buy any. Here it is Monday morning and the last song I played a sample of is still paused when I hit the volume key. I've had a few other phones accidentally start playing the paused music while I was in training or meetings... don't want this one to do that too.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
BB was last hold out with a stop button. I haven't noticed any difference in battery with pause vs using "Stop the music" to stop it.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
In over 2 years of WP ownership, i've never had an accidental pressing of the play button, so i can't see it being that much of an issue.

Not only that, but i reguarly get 3 days out of my phone with the music "paused", so i don't see it as a battery drain either.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I think the only complain I have is when I am wearing my stereo BT headset. If I click on the headset to end the call, the music will often start playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786