Exclusive Nokia instagram app

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No it's not. If you dn't know what it is, why comment. Go google it and see what it is before making random statements. Is Facebook just Myspace without HTML coding, no. Is Twitter just Facebook with 140 char limit, no. Is Windows phone central just Macrumors? It's a social network. If you don't like it, don't use it. But millions upon millions of people use it and enjoy using it.
So basically, Instagram is a proprietary, closed and device-specific version of Pinterest with some bad photo filters attached. Why not just use Pinterest and whatever photo filters you'd like to use?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
It's basically for girls and people who really don't know real photography..

Uhh...its no longer about photography with crappy filters.

Its now a social network....no different than fb, twitter and etc. When u see it as a social network then it has value. If you see it just as an app with filters on it then it has none. There are many many many apps out there that apply filters onto photography yet they are not as popular as Instagram..why? Is it because Instagram filters are 10x better? Nope. A sepia filter is just a sepia filter

When everyone was on My Space...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on FB
When everyone was on FB...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on Twitter
When everyone was on Twitter...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on Instagram
When everyone was on Instagram...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on...oh h$#l who can keep up ;)

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"80 million users love Instagram! It's a free, fun, and simple way to make and share gorgeous photos on your iPhone.

Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects or tilt-shift blur to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you'll want to share with friends and family.

Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you'll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world."

That is the app description directly from iTunes. The fact that is morphed into a 'social network' is pretty goofy. Really? you want to see mine or anyone else's stupid picture stream?

Hipsters these days.....

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Instagram DOESN'T get rid of all that. Now all you see are photos of people's foods, people's feet, and the incredibly stupid textgram - which then gets sent to twitter. Pictures are worth 1000 words, and if you can't show how you feel on pictures, there should be no reason why you rather have a picture of a text and then have it sent to twitter instead of just tweeting how you feel.

Not if your friends happen to not be stupid. I don't know about you but the people I follow are really good about taking photos or making posts that actually mean something, perhaps you're just following the wrong people. Every social network has its idiots, those people that post pictures of their scrambled eggs or a million pictures of themselves in the mirror, but that doesn't mean that everyone is like that. Its extremely easy to avoid those people, especially on Instagram, and simply only follow the ones that are actually good at photography and not just mindless hipsters. So don't put everyone in a box, just because some people are sycophantic attention seeking losers doesn't mean everyone is.

Also who said you just have to use one social network? If I don't feel like sifting through all the crap on Facebook or Twitter then I go and check out Instagram, and vice versa. No social network is perfect, they all do different things in completely different ways, the point is to use them in conjunction with each other.

PS. You can set your Instagram to private so only certain people can see your photos.

rekkid

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Too each his own. If you dont like it, then fine... but why p*ss in someone else's cornflakes?

I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
I want to be just like all the different people
I have no further interest in being the same,
Because I have seen difference all around,
And now I know that that's what I want
I don't want to blend in and be indistinguishable,
I want to be a part of the different crowd,
And assert my individuality along with the others
Who are different like me. -King Missle

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand the fascination with this app...

It's for hipsters in their early 20s who want to make their 8 megapixel high res digital photos look like blurry, faded pics from a 70s era Kodamatic 110 camera.

I have enough pictures like that from my childhood, I don't need to make new ones. :p

S Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
OMG what do I need to do to get to instagram???? Like I don't understand why they would even create a system without offering their customers what is popular. GIve us the option! I'm really considering returning my Nokia Lumina 900 simply for that reason ... why do I see stupid little apps like "instagram blog" or instagram tweets" WHYYYY??? I understand people find it kiddie like ... but I love lit and .... AT&T may just get this back ... I'm thinking about going back to Droid. :mad:

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
OMG what do I need to do to get to instagram???? Like I don't understand why they would even create a system without offering their customers what is popular. GIve us the option! I'm really considering returning my Nokia Lumina 900 simply for that reason ... why do I see stupid little apps like "instagram blog" or instagram tweets" WHYYYY??? I understand people find it kiddie like ... but I love lit and .... AT&T may just get this back ... I'm thinking about going back to Droid. :mad:

You do realize Instagram has to want to make the app for the platform? Now I think it will come, especially since FB owns them now, but I have no clue where in it's development cycle it may be. We've heard talk about it coming soon, but not much since.

theWindowsCow

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That article has already been proven false and no Instagram app is coming any time soon. Instagram will not happen unless WP gains some significant marketshare, and given what a pathetic launch WP8 has been, that's not happening any time soon. Don't get your hopes up.

You do you know that Microsoft owns a small percentage of Facebook? Microsoft Sells 20% Of Its Facebook Shares For $250 Million

They sold $240 million dollars with a stock at the beginning of the IPO or 20% of the 1.6% they held. In other words, MS leadership has an establish relationship with the Facebook leadership team. There might be more than market share at play.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Instagram isn't so much about photography as it is sharing photos. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but it really is just a social network of a bunch of photos. Slap on an old-timey filter, and away you go. It is not meant for a photographer, but I have seen some pretty decent pictures uploaded to instagram. To me, statements like "this isn't for someone who knows what they are doing" with photography is like saying Facebook and twitter are not for writers. It's a bit non-sequiter because you don't understand the point of the app.

All that said, I am not *really* an instagram user myself, but I can understand the appeal. It took me until last year to get on Facebook. I don;t need another social network. (If you can't tell, I am pretty anti social networking.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use twitter only so I can follow athletes and sport columnists and reports. To be honest, a ton of my favorite teams players use both twitter and instagram and its an easy way to follow their pictures and posts.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Aren't closed social networks with restrictions and proprietary apps for only some devices and closed APIs with big-time restrictions better described as "anti-social networks?" :p

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To be able to connect with authors and writers via twitter is great. I actually had a author [hugh howey] answer one of my questions. I also like communicating with my fav athletes too, especially when they respond. Instagram extends this functionality. Great idea.
I use twitter only so I can follow athletes and sport columnists and reports. To be honest, a ton of my favorite teams players use both twitter and instagram and its an easy way to follow their pictures and posts.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

That's the problem. You got the cheap clone Lumina. Make sure you get the Lumia next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6