Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

mr2gud2u

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been fighting with this all night. I have everything setup, but I cant update my care suite. It say I don't have rights to update.
Back in business! This morning after talking to ATT claim department my 920 just started working. I tried the hardware reset several times last night. Never seemed like it was going to work.

Sam Chandigarh

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
i am getting the same error as you were getting...""""RM-820\RM820_1232.2109.1242.1002_RETAIL_nam_canada_200_02_100347_prd_signed.ffu' from the data package is corrupted.""""
kindly suggest the complete steps you followed to resolve flashing the same, Thanks

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Trip report. I just did a hard reset and of course had the cogs issue. I had the latest AT&T updates for the 920. First I just saw if it would work, I did the software reset option under about phone. Then when it didn't work I reset with the buttons a few times (vol down and power). Then I slid the SIM card out and reset a few times again (same buttons). Then I slid the SIM card back in and tried a reset with vol down, power, and camera. Then it worked. It may have worked due to the SIM reseating or the other button combo, who knows. It finally worked is all I care about. I also had it plugged in the entire time. Good luck!

p7ayfu77

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

Was in the process of the doing the downloads and while doing so I read through all the other posts. Tried removing the SIM card like some people suggested a few pages back and the reset worked fine within 5-10 mins.

My phone is Nokia 920 White locked to EE UK but purchased sim free from Phones 4U at launch and has since had portico update installed

Just thought I would remind people to try this first as my gears were stuck spinning for over an hour

Thanks to everyone on this thread - best community ever

Hi, I read your post about resetting your 920 from phonesu. I had the same issue when i got the portico update, but ended reflashing it with care suite. Im still having issues, and i wanted to ask if you could tell me the Portic firmware version you have now. Im not sure the EE Portico version I downloaded is right, and I think it might be different from the OTA update provided.

Im having the wifi issue that a lot of people are finding when connecting to their home routers which requires a reboot of the phone every time I get back home.

My installed EE firmware is: 1232.5951.1249.1017
purchased from phones4u, with TMobile sim

Please can u help me out?

Thanks

Alex Hardaker

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi i'm from the UK. i bought this off ebay in january so it will be locked to EE/T-MOBILE/ORANGE. it came from Phones4U, but doesn't load the EE screen on boot, only nokia and WP. i have downloaded the files required, but there seems to be 3 different codes for EE, which one do i use? they allcome with selecting the black 920 so which one is mine?

These are the codes with EEUK listings:

BTW it worked fine until i hard reset my phone yesterday.

Last edited:

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
**UPDATE - ignore everything below; My phone was a piece of rubbish and crashed several times on day 7. I gave in and handed it in at an EE store in the UK today. Hopefully the handset is replaced with a non-faulty one. I was told 14 days.**

I used the described technique on a non-bricked phone, wondering if the installed image on my phone was corrupt in some way. I have a UK EE 3G phone in black, and downloaded the 1017 files. My phone was turning itself off 4 or 5 times a week. The voice quality for calls was terrible, with people telling me they couldn't hear me very well. The phone screen sometimes flickered like it had a very poor refresh rate. The pinch/gesture features in the camera wouldn't work, and the GPS would not geotag my photos. I was also receiving texts hours and sometimes days after they'd been sent. The phone was getting hot on idle. I tried 2 hard resets using the image contained within the phone. With each hard reset, I'd have the same issues.

I reflashed the phone with the 1017 files as described by the OP. The installation process went well, but the actual installation was a fail. The whole OS was very glitchy, and 'loading......' was displayed on every single screen I opened for a few seconds before the app opened. I did a hard reset using the newly flashed image and that didn't work out well either. None of the updates that I received in the store worked. If I clicked on the app, the screen would shift as if about to open the app, and then abort back to the app menu screen.

I re-flashed the phone again (2nd re-flash) with the same 1017 files as described by the OP. I didn't do anything any different as best as I can recall, but this time, everything works flawlessly. Not a single crash, and ALL of the phones features and functions work. It's quick, it's not getting hot. It all just works. I'm now on day 6 without a crash, which is the longest I've ever had from the phone. The battery life is about the same, roughly a day and a half of moderate business use.

Whether it was the installation image itself, or some rogue glitch/process during the installation/hard reset which was causing problems, I don't know, but something wasn't sat right before and now it is. I feel like I've got a new phone now. For info, my phone is one of those that creaks and clicks when you press the top and sides. Big thanks to the OP.

Last edited:

Lantos87

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded all the files I need, put them in the ProgramData folder etc... but when I open the Nokia Care Suite it doesn't list my files? Anyone got any suggestions?

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Nokia Care Suite installed. It's giving me the error installation package could not be opened. "Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."

Anybody else get that? I'm assuming it's an easy fix.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Nokia Care Suite installed. It's giving me the error installation package could not be opened. "Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."

Anybody else get that? I'm assuming it's an easy fix.

How large is the file? I think for some reason it's getting cut off. It's only 28mb.

Don't need it anymore really anyways. Replacement phone is coming tomorrow although I would still like to see if I can get it to work. Just in-case the "reconditioned" AT&T phone isn't up to my standards...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How large is the file? I think for some reason it's getting cut off. It's only 28mb.

Don't need it anymore really anyways. Replacement phone is coming tomorrow although I would still like to see if I can get it to work. Just in-case the "reconditioned" AT&T phone isn't up to my standards...

152 Mb ... so you have just an partial download ...

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Can you provide a link?
Im having the same problem

Use at your own risk! After you put in the code, and before you click the download link, go down the page a little bit and uncheck use download program (or something along those lines).

http://www.general-files.com/go/162522016200

I'm not sure if it's a typo on the first page or what, but I couldn't find 1231.2109.1242.1001, I think mine said 1232.2109.1242.1001 on navifirm. Seems to be working fine.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
First page "File Dropper" link is working one, just checked it ... click to "Download this file" on the middle of that page and enter characters to the box to start downloading it ...

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
First page "File Dropper" link is working one, just checked it ... click to "Download this file" on the middle of that page and enter characters to the box to start downloading it ...

That's what I did, but for some reason mine would quit before it finished downloading...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos