Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest going to the Microsoft download centre directly and using those. I can tell you that's what i did and it worked fine

FUR2D2

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just did that and I'm still getting the same error. Nokia Care Suite wont run and gives me an error about C++ 2005 but I just installed it.

FUR2D2

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just redid all the steps using my wifes laptop and still get the same stupid error. I guess I'll just have a replacement mailed to me.

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia Care Suite program is not seeing the file I downloaded and moved to /packages. Anyone else have this problem?? Everything fine up to that step.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok I had this problem, and I had this today with my 3rd Lumia that I was sending back, I wanted to reset to delete everything. It goes to spinning cogs and stays there for an hour, I do the volume up then down and then camera and power button and it restarts and went to cogs again and then went past that spinning cycle, so u don't need to flash it!!! This is a much easier way, just keep trying, I did it 3 or 4 times before it worked,

fauxfreshness

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok I had this problem, and I had this today with my 3rd Lumia that I was sending back, I wanted to reset to delete everything. It goes to spinning cogs and stays there for an hour, I do the volume up then down and then camera and power button and it restarts and went to cogs again and then went past that spinning cycle, so u don't need to flash it!!! This is a much easier way, just keep trying, I did it 3 or 4 times before it worked,

This is pretty consistent. I just use the vol down+power to get it to reboot and fire up the gears again. Took about 5 minutes maybe on the second pass.

FUR2D2

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I did the volume down/power reset during the gears and thats when I think it officially bricked. Wish I would have known about the other combination.

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if following this process to resolve leaves any evidence of the phone having been flashed at home? I won't be in a position to send this away for warranty repair for a couple of weeks so i'd rather do it myself but I'm worried that even if I do this successfully, i may be refused for future warranty repairs as a result.

S1NKING SH1PS

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been wanting to reset my phone to sign in with a new account, but am so hesitant because of all of these reports of the phone bricking like this. Is this problem really all that common? I'm terrified of this happening haha.

XB_Mod

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting to reset my phone to sign in with a new account, but am so hesitant because of all of these reports of the phone bricking like this. Is this problem really all that common? I'm terrified of this happening haha.
unfortunetly its a common issue it seems. Mine is bricked too, I'm waiting on a replacement unit right now as I don't want to void my warranty and can use my HTC Titan again... the Lumia 800 a nasty issue that would not allow the phone to wake up when battery was finished. I don't even know why the reset on my L920 takes this long...on other phones (Android etc.) it takes like a minute. For whatever reason on WP8 hard reset takes long and in the case of Lumia 920....can get stuck for whatever reason.

nogotaclue

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
On Orange UK/EE. I followed the instructions to the letter and at first it wouldn't work( tried 3 times) then I tried just pressing vol down and power, waiting for the vibrate, but NOT pressing vol up, then clicking retry and it worked fine. I am over the moon as I had just sold it on ebay which was the reason for the factory reset, saved my bacon, thank you so much

vinnyvv

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
ok, so if i flash back from Portico to old software on Nokia lumia 920 att, how does that void my warranty? Because my battery is ****. Cant i just upgrade to the latest firmware before i send it back? I dont see how that could be an issue. On my jailbroken iphone all i did was update before i sent it to apple and no problem. How is Nokia different from apple in this sense?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
ok, so if i flash back from Portico to old software on Nokia lumia 920 att, how does that void my warranty? Because my battery is ****. Cant i just upgrade to the latest firmware before i send it back? I dont see how that could be an issue. On my jailbroken iphone all i did was update before i sent it to apple and no problem. How is Nokia different from apple in this sense?

I had bad battery life before and after portico. I did hard reset after being on Portico five days and manually flashed latest update, which I assume is Portico, and have had excellent battery life ever since. Might try it before you flash old version. It is the only thing that has helped my battery life.

vinnyvv

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had bad battery life before and after portico. I did hard reset after being on Portico five days and manually flashed latest update, which I assume is Portico, and have had excellent battery life ever since. Might try it before you flash old version. It is the only thing that has helped my battery life.

hmm interesting, thing is my other 3 lumia 920s had great battery life without portico, and once i got this 4th phone last week i automatically installed portico without waiting which is dumb, now i dont know if its battery or the update. And do u think itd void my warranty even if i updated back to portico later?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss