Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to hold the up button I've done it several times, just get it to the nokia or grears (cant remember which) screen
and press retry

I pressed retry button on screen imm. after phone booted (imm. after vibration) ... I have never tried to hold "volume up" button instead of it ... it works for me every time ...

Patrick Drews

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone noted, since this is a long thread, but I have a Win7 64bit pc that the original linked Nokia Suite would not run on. Nokia's latest suite version can be downloaded via ftp://218.93.201.36/pub/upload/nokia/Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2012.51.4.4.rar and worked to install on x64 bit Win7. I also had to manually install the MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable package via Download Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

After that, all was good and I'm back in business. Thanks!!

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
hi tried installing nokia suite but it wont let me, it says error 2738
Not sure if anyone noted, since this is a long thread, but I have a Win7 64bit pc that the original linked Nokia Suite would not run on. Nokia's latest suite version can be downloaded via ftp://218.93.201.36/pub/upload/nokia/Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2012.51.4.4.rar and worked to install on x64 bit Win7. I also had to manually install the MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable package via Download Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

After that, all was good and I'm back in business. Thanks!!

voluptuary xda

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it was just blind luck, but when I got my 920 and hard reset it I had the gears problem. At first I didn't know how long it would take so I just let it sit... for like 30 mins. Then I got sick of waiting so I did the button hard reset, let it sit again... took like 5 mins got mad, did a third hard reset and then BAM! It worked. No flashing needed. However none of it mattered cuz I had to send it in for dust in the ffc/proximity sensor. Anyways just thought I would share.

Last edited:

kammiz

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know what the difference is between RM-821_Scandic_NO_SE_VAR262190_12491_001_Black_v2_Black and RM-821_CV_norway_VAR243731_12491_001_Black_1_Black ? I live in norway. My productcode fits the scandic version, but i know you can flash different productcodes. Theres also a Telenor firmware with LTE activated, but i know you can activate LTE through submenus, so dont want a branded firmware.

bairdyboy1980

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!!! I cant find the c:\programData\Nokia\Packages folder!!

I have "Show hidden files" to ON. Why isnt it there? I tried just creating the folders but the care suite doesnt see the downloaded files from NAVIFirm Plus

HELP!!!!

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HELP!!!! I cant find the c:\programData\Nokia\Packages folder!!

I have "Show hidden files" to ON. Why isnt it there? I tried just creating the folders but the care suite doesnt see the downloaded files from NAVIFirm Plus

HELP!!!!

it should be C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-821 ... for international Lumia 920

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Excuse me but i tried it all night long and nothing.
Everything works fine except on this step.

1. Plug the phone into your PC
2. Hold the Volume Down and the Power button, click RETRY on the Product Support Tools Window
3. After you feel a vibration in the phone immediately release the Volume Down and the Power button and hold the Volume up button.

When i do this (step 1 to 3) my phone automatically return to the cog wheel screen, and nokia suite to the retry screen, i continue to hold the
up button but nothing happen:unhappysweat:

4. Continue to hold the volume up button, you will see the software say "Rebooting"
5. After about 15 seconds you will see a top NOKIA logo and the software will start flashing the phone.

i didn't see step 4, nokia care always show me ths screen with retry :unhappysweat:

i don't know if battery level could influence the process ? because my battery level was low, i charge it all nigt and it still shows me the battery on my Lumia 920 (sometimes).

Try this: go to the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Driver' folder. There should be two uninstalled drivers. If you have Win7 64 bit, install 'WinUSB Drivers x64. If you have Win7 32, bit install 'WinUSB Drivers x86'. Now you should be able to go past step 4 if you do everything in the same way as before!

I had exactly the same problem, not beeing able to go past step 3. This tutorial helped me: Nokia Care Suite Tutorial - YouTube

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did not. I did a reset last night and spining gears for 30 minutes. Finally had to reset the phone. It did spinning gears again and was fine after a few minutes.

Well technically it did since it worked, though it hiccuped. Any other portico success stories with hard resets? I have one I want to do to troubleshoot a mic issue.

smartrthanu

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I just had to master reset my AT&T 920 w/portico and it appeared to be bricked for over an hour. I restarted it multiple times using both hard and soft reset. Finally I plugged it into the charger, did one last soft reset and the phone booted. I probably reset the phone 10 times in total

NoLoveForFrank

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are alternate download sites for the firmware? I'm on a rather fast connection (speedtest puts it at 52Mbps down with 12 ping), but so far it's been going for about 2 hours now and it just kicked over to 12% downloaded.At this rate I'll be able to take the phone in to the AT&T store tomorrow morning and get it swapped out before the file finishes downloading...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss