Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello all

Has anybody flashed the 1232.5951.1249.1018 firmware for EE branded devices?

If so, are there any advantages to this software over the 1017 version?

Thanks and God bless

Andrew

GJames369

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find my phone in Nokia Care Suite. There are only a few, old phones to select from. I tried updating but it keeps saying "Firmware repository not available"

Any help?

Last edited:

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this info, really helped - phone was stuck on spinning gears for about an hour and a half. Now it's restoring the backup :) Thank you!

(Edit - just to say I used the EE variant)

heijenoort

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I have a "3 Italia" White Lumia 920 ("3 Italia" is H3G operator) and I'd want to debrand it.

I think 059Q9W7: RM-821_CV_IT_VAR245024_Black_v1_6_White is the right firmware. Confirm?

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find my phone in Nokia Care Suite. There are only a few, old phones to select from. I tried updating but it keeps saying "Firmware repository not available"

Any help?

You need to update the software. Right click your Nokia Care Suite icon and choose 'Run as administrator', then click 'Updates' in the bottom left corner, then 'Check for updates'. Download and install any update that's available. Now it should find you phone!

jbouganim

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Which firmware should I use for the Developers phone given out at the BUILD Conference.

My friend who has the same phone says the firmware version is listed on the phone as 1232.2109.1242.1001

i also see that this one is listed on the OP:

Code:
059R4H6: RM-821_ROW_DeveloperDevice_VAR251040_Black_v2_Black

however the FFU for this variant has "euro" in the filename which is scaring me because this phone was given out at the US and is used in the US.

Any help is much appreciated

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me please? when I start the recovery and press volume down and power i can feel the vibrate and click retry and hold volume up but nothing happens tried it without pressing the volume up after the vibra but same thing i noticed that my pc wont recognized my Lumia 920 anymore got message "USB Device Not Recognized" tried to update uninstall the driver but same error cant see my phone on my computer and WindowsPhone software wont recognize it as well I can feel the vibra during the process but no display on the phone's screen just keeps going back to the Retry screen please help me :(

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me please? when I start the recovery and press volume down and power i can feel the vibrate and click retry and hold volume up but nothing happens tried it without pressing the volume up after the vibra but same thing i noticed that my pc wont recognized my Lumia 920 anymore got message "USB Device Not Recognized" tried to update uninstall the driver but same error cant see my phone on my computer and WindowsPhone software wont recognize it as well I can feel the vibra during the process but no display on the phone's screen just keeps going back to the Retry screen please help me :(

You can try the following:

Of course, you should have the files in a proper folder ... then

1. Open a proper product (by Product Support Tool for Store)
2. Check that it is Offline (down right) and "No Connection" (on up left box)
3. Click "Programming" and click "Recovery" (you should see your fw in a list)
4. Click "Start" (it will check your files and give you instructions to follow)
5. After OK, hold "Volume down" and "Power" buttons until it reboot and imm. after that, click "Retry"
6. it should start flashing ...

I have flashed my Lumia 920 few times like that ... hope that it will help you ...

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You can try the following:

Of course, you should have the files in a proper folder ... then

1. Open a proper product (by Product Support Tool for Store)
2. Check that it is Offline (down right) and "No Connection" (on up left box)
3. Click "Programming" and click "Recovery" (you should see your fw in a list)
4. Click "Start" (it will check your files and give you instructions to follow)
5. After OK, hold "Volume down" and "Power" buttons until it reboot and imm. after that, click "Retry"
6. it should start flashing ...

I have flashed my Lumia 920 few times like that ... hope that it will help you ...

Hi Jaripi thanks for the reply i did what you suggested but no luck i feel the vibration and then click retry but nothing seem to happen on the phone no display at all the product support will just go back to Retry window asking me to press and hold volume+ power again then hit retry :( im loosing hope

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
nothing seem to happen when I press the Volume down+ power I can feel the Vibration but nothing on the screen of my phone should it show you something? after i feel the vibration the phone is dead :(

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
nothing seem to happen when I press the Volume down+ power I can feel the Vibration but nothing on the screen of my phone should it show you something? after i feel the vibration the phone is dead :(

It should restart after you press "Volume down" and "Power" buttons (until it reboot) .... and then click "Retry" (on computer display) to start flashing ... you have to click "Retry" button immediately after reboot of your phone ....

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
let go of the volume down plus power buttons after vibration, if not the phone will just keep on rebooting, also make sure you install the drivers from C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
it should be C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-821 ... for international Lumia 920

I also wonder what to do, there is no folder called "Packages", or "Program data" for that matter its called "Program Files" on my computer.

EDIT: Found it, as a mac user Im a bit lost.... (using parallel desktop)

EDIT2: This was great, thanks!

Last edited:

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried and tried to fix my Daughters Nokia Lumia 920 but couldn't get passed the Lightening Bolt and Cog wheel... I finally took it back to Best Buy and they sent it out gave us a crappy android loaner... Luckily I still had my old Samsung Focus S just wedged the MicroSim in the MicroSim slot worked like a charm thanks to the BestBuy guy who showed me how simple it was... Just ticks me off because the phone was still under manufacturers warranty just didn't have time to wait for the phone to get fixed from Nokia but now wished I sent it in am afraid BestBuy is going to give her a refurbished phone with more issues!

Thanks for posting this fix just wished it worked with her phone....

pamelazzzzz

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This worked for me all on a Windows 8 computer- thank you much.
If anyone is missing the "packages" folder it's probably because you didn't install Nokia Care Suite yet (that does it). Install that and you will get the folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12