Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could give you more help here but don't know enough about the process to trouble shoot if failure occurs. I do not think they will know you tried this though... the reps I have dealt with at AT&T are not real "tech experts." Simply don't tell them.

ya i called nokia and told them what happened. they tried a soft reset and a hard reset with neither working. they told me i have to send it in so that's what i ended up doing. i sent it out thursday so another 2 weeks with no lumia 920 :(

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I cant open the product support tool for product 5.0, I get this error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {6BCF7DCA-7B86-453E-BC72-724E0E656B95} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at Nokia.CareSuite.Connectivity.FuseConnectivity.LoadFuse()
at Nokia.CareSuite.Applications.ProductSupportToolForStore.ProductSupportToolForStore.RunInternal()
at Nokia.CareSuite.Applications.ProductSupportToolForStore.ProductSupportToolForStore.Run()
at Nokia.CareSuite.Applications.ProductSupportToolForStore.ProductSupportToolForStore.Main()
Thanks

natish27

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia lumia 882.After reset itz showing sad face or cog wheel & lightning symbol.
I tried flashing using ncs 2013.13.4 but always get the following error,
DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80100010. .

I have winusbx86 installed.When it shows cog wheel & lightning symbol on my phone,my pc(Windows 7 Professional-32bit) detects as QUALCOMM msm device.

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's been flashed - not too sure if correctly (wasn't sure what variant to use - went for EE and Yellow as that is what my phone is) :p

Running through the initial setup now :)

TheWhite Tower

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Decided to update it to 1314 via Nokia Software Updater 2.0.6 ...and have previously used it before to update to 1308 successfully...

But I hit an error whilst it was flashing to the phone (about 1% into it) and BANG!...phone is dead!!

Have tried all the key presses etc to get it going but to no avail!!

Also tried Nokia Care Suite but can't get it passed the keypress (Vol Dwn + Power - Vibra)...so won't is not detected!

Basically can't get it to vibrate so I can take it to the next step....

Any suggestions before I consider taking it to Nokia?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Decided to update it to 1314 via Nokia Software Updater 2.0.6 ...and have previously used it before to update to 1308 successfully...

But I hit an error whilst it was flashing to the phone (about 1% into it) and BANG!...phone is dead!!

Have tried all the key presses etc to get it going but to no avail!!

Also tried Nokia Care Suite but can't get it passed the keypress (Vol Dwn + Power - Vibra)...so won't is not detected!

Basically can't get it to vibrate so I can take it to the next step....

Any suggestions before I consider taking it to Nokia?

i had the EXACT same problem. i called nokia and they said send it back (they tried to do soft & hard rest but they didn't work). my new phone has a clicking sound on the top bezel or whatever you want to call it and i have no clue what to do. nokia told me you won't be able to do anything other then send it in. a pain i know. worst part is it takes like 2 weeks. good luck.

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I had to hard reset my lumia 920 yesterday and who would have guessed, it hung up. So I know the solution but with navifirm closed, I can't help myself. Is there anything I can do but sending it in?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to hard reset my lumia 920 yesterday and who would have guessed, it hung up. So I know the solution but with navifirm closed, I can't help myself. Is there anything I can do but sending it in?

Just hard-reset a few times, read further back and find my posts on this. Taking out your SIM might help sometimes, but then make sure you put it back in before you boot up finally so that you can do a restore of your backup. I've now gotten past the cogs of death probably 6 times across multiple 920's by just hard-resetting a few time.

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, but I am not getting anywhere. Doesn't matter which button combo I use, it always gives me the nokia and then the low battery logo and then it turns off.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has already been posted here in the sticky thread, but the following fix worked for me. No flashing required:

1. Soft reset the phone (hold volume down and power until it vibrates, then let go)
2. Wait for Nokia logo
3. Enter the following whilst Nokia logo is showing, one key at a time - Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down

Credit to smearp on the Nokia forums for this method - Stuck on running gears for over 8 hours!! Nokia Lu... - Nokia Support Discussions

Warning - This command will hard reset your phone and you will lose you personal data (although if you are stuck in gears screen then it's probably not something you will be worried about)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12