Audio Playback through Bluetooth issues on 920

rhalbert10

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the cyan Lumia 920 (loving it!!!) and I finally loaded some music on it, sync'd it without issue to my car stereo, and played some of my favorite tunes. Problem is there is this annoying snap, crackle, pop which is constantly coming in. I tried to search to find similar issues people are having but could not really find anything - hence decided to post.

Hoping there is a fix because this makes it unusable in my car.

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions.

desertstriker

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi rhalbert10 I'm having the same exact issue. The phone syncs with my car no issues at all 2013 Nissan Altima. The music plays but the quality is horrible its very crackly and distorted, and I've never had these issues with my iPhone 5 using Bluetooth for music. Also to note iv tried playing music with the aux cable connected directly into my car from the lumia 920 and there is no distortion or crackle issues at all. Seems to me this is a Bluetooth only issue which is really upsetting and frustrating

Just as you said I am in love with this phone, but if this keeps up or there is no fix I won't be able to keep it and be forced back to my iPhone 5 :(

icesct

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issue with my Lumia 920. I mainly hear it when playing back over bluetooth but I have also heard the same crack, screech, popping sounds in my headphones. Very annoying and really detracts from the quality of th phone. I don't hear it all the time but I would say it's present 90% of the time. Makes me not want to listen to my library of songs (doesn't happen when streaming music) on my phone which is very annoying. Also very embarassing when showing off all the great features of the phone to my friends. They can't believe it can't do something as simple as playing music. I know the problem is not with my library just because it is so sporadic and my library, which consists of ripped CDs or songs I purchased from Amazon, play perfectly on my old iphone 4S.

maestroman

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Having the exact same problem. Seems like it's unique to the mp3 format -- when I converted some to wma, music plays fine through bluetooth. I've been scouring this site and others for weeks, but no luck finding a solution.

smartrthanu

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem in my jeep (but with all Bluetooth phones) and I took it to the dealer. They flashed my uconnect module and now it sounds fantastic! Finally removed my 3.5mm cable. Doesn't sound like your issue in particular...but wanted to post for others anyway.

Heath Goff

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the 928 and have been experiencing poor Bluetooth audio playback quality. It sounds distorted and this only seems to happen when playing through Bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb