920 weight differences? white is heavier than black - why?

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well OP.

Since you brought up this silly topic its now your responsibility to get them weighted. Report back your findings.

Once I get back home from my trip, I'll see if I can find another black 920 and actually weigh them with a scale

Last edited by a moderator:

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
White is white since it is highly reflective. Black is black because it absorbs all light. White is heavier because all that extra light adds ounces! :D

Gerard Wilson

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
No... I think you will find that the light hitting the white 920 by the fact that it is bouncing off creates an external force and that force would add to the weight obviously! The extra weight would be equal to the weight of the light creating the force. So the extra weight is in fact the weight of LIGHT. I wonder if different coloured light has a different weight?! Oh no here we go again!

kcovert

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Possibly the indents for the matte finish? BTW I noticed my yellow phone was heavier than my son’s white one. Think that’s because it stands out more.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
White is white since it is highly reflective. Black is black because it absorbs all light. White is heavier because all that extra light adds ounces! :D

easy , he just needs to turn the light off before the scaling !
and one more thing , do they have the same amount of applications ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786