920 weight differences? white is heavier than black - why?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a 3TB portable HDD... It seems that the more data I put on it, the less portable it is. I need to keep it on a dolly so I can move it.

Now, I recently wiped it and now I can tote it with me all over.

Hope this help!

:winktongue:

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh someone please tell me the answer. I dunno which one to get until this is answered. I could get any of Red, Black, White or Yellow. Which is the heaviest!!!!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh someone please tell me the answer. I dunno which one to get until this is answered. I could get any of Red, Black, White or Yellow. Which is the heaviest!!!!
we have a black and a white one here. once wife comes back from shopping I will use our fancy kitchen scale to weigh them and report back.

but, as we know. Science doesn't matter. What matters is what it "feels" like ;)

cheers

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I need to know the answer to this now out of curiosity. In the name of science I bring you the first bits of the jigsaw that will solve this mystery!

I have two yellow 920's here, one weighs 186 grams, one weighs 187 grams*.

GSM arena says the phone should weigh 185 grams.

*weighed on Weight Watchers digital kitchen scales which I understand are pretty accurate.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You beat me (or better my wife from coming home sooner).
Both phones I have, white and black weigh 185 grams on a Cuisinart scale. The problem is that my scale doesn't have more digits accuracy. I added little weights to see which one reaches 186 grams first and the white one seems to be just a tiny bit heavier. So within less than 1 gram they weigh the same. Note that this is less than 1% difference.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
In all seriousness, my first thought when I read the thread title was that it could be true because of the additional enamel coating that glossy Lumias have. Contrary to some thoughts I've read here, the matte and gloss versions are the exact same material, it's just that the lighter colours are treated with an enamel coating to protect them from staining.

However, I would say that the Lumia 920 shouldn't be large enough for the weight of the coating to be perceptible by human hands, so it's probably a psychological impression.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Both phones I have, white and black weigh 185 grams on a Cuisinart scale. The problem is that my scale doesn't have more digits accuracy. I added little weights to see which one reaches 186 grams first and the white one seems to be just a tiny bit heavier. So within less than 1 gram they weigh the same. Note that this is less than 1% difference.
Were both batteries charged the same amount ? Same amount of apps? Same lock screen? Where the lights on or off? These could all make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99