Leather Gloves

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Fairly simple question. Has anyone managed to operate the Lumia 920 with the screen set to sensitive with leather gloves on?

I have seen various demonstrations using knitted gloves (also towels) but there's no mention of using leather gloves on the screen as far as I've seen. If you have tried it, how well did the leather move against the glass surface. I can imagine that there's quite a bit of friction with leather gloves making sliding/panning/scrolling a bit hard.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Works great with Leather gloves. I gave my gloves to my sister last night, had her put them on, then gave her my phone and told her to unlock my phone then browse the phone. She (an iProduct user) was in a state of shock. It was awesome! She said "I'm upgrading tomorrow" and she did today, BTW.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You sure those were leather gloves?? Didn't think leather gloves could work at all....
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply!

I already booked my L920 2 weeks ago but this is one of the main points for me since I never use knitted gloves, so I just wanted to make sure (would not have been a dealbreaker though). Operating the phone during the Swedish winters without freezing my fingers off will be awesome! :)

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My thick winter gloves, which have a leather exterior shell, did not work. The non leather liner, however, did work.

lykwid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was looking on getting leather gloves the other day, and I tested to see if it would work on a Lumia 920 (with sensitive screen on). Turns out it didn't work -- wouldn't register a swipe or anything. Mind you, they were fairly thick gloves, so it could be hit/miss.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm they work with Wind River T-Max goatskin leather gloves. I can text with them on. :) It totally feels weird texting with gloves on, but I love it. Temperatures are around -8c around here now (17.6 F)

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my very thick and insulated gloves on my motorcycle with the phone and have not had any problems. Just verify you have high sensitivity turned on.
Frank K

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, seems like people have mixed results with different gloves. :/ Are you all sure that you had high sensitivity enabled while using the gloves?

I ordered a pair of Dents leather gloves a few days ago (since they I lost my previous pair last winter). I guess I'll try them out, and if it doesn't work I'll change them for their touchscreen enabled gloves (which should also work on any other phone).

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but no need to pay extra money for touchscreen leather gloves. I use Dents silk lined regular gloves and they work fine on my smartphone and I don't even have a Lumia. I have the Samsung Ativ S. I guess the leather is thin enough for my fingers to be registered on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb