Poor Video Streaming Quality

dkash7

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Lumia 920 today. Love the phone overall but there are couple of things that really annoy the **** out of me.

I streamed a few videos on Youtube. The streaming quality is so poor. Its like I am using 3G.

I tried the netfllix app and the same thing happens with the video streaming.

Keep in mind I am streaming the video on WiFI.

I streamed the video once on my iphone 4s and then on the Lumia. The same video looks Wifi quality. Vs the Lumia shows really horrible pixelated video image.

Am I doing something wrong here? Can't find any setting to change it and if there is nothing to change it then I will be returning it as I watch a lot of videos on my phone.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how long into the movie you watched but on my Focus the first 30-45 seconds looks blocky and sometimes pixelated. After that it smooths out and looks clear. I think it's buffering the video because Netflix does the same on my pc for the first min into the movie and everything is nice and sharp afterwards.

I don't know for certain if that's your issue because I don't have the 920...yet. I'm just letting you know of the Netflix experience on my Samsung Focus. If that's not the case then it needs to be added to the bug list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss