Camera Resolution: how to lower it?

WinPh8

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I love my new 920. It's got a beautiful screen, it's screaming fast, and it's easy to use. However, I wonder if someone can help me with one minor issue:

How do you adjust the resolution in the Camera app?

I find only two settings: 16:9 or 4:3. (I haven't checked the front camera settings, since I don't plan on using that one much.) Both produce big files. I'd like to take smaller-sized pictures, so I can upload them to SkyDrive quickly over LTE.

Would anyone know how to reduce the image resolution in the Camera app to 1MP or lower? Is it even possible? This is the first time I don't see a low-resolution setting in a camera program. Even my 16MP Panasonic digital camera can take VGA (640x480) pics.

If the Camera app doesn't do it, are there third-party apps?

Thanks so much for your help.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I love my new 920. It's got a beautiful screen, it's screaming fast, and it's easy to use. However, I wonder if someone can help me with one minor issue:

How do you adjust the resolution in the Camera app?

I find only two settings: 16:9 or 4:3. (I haven't checked the front camera settings, since I don't plan on using that one much.) Both produce big files. I'd like to take smaller-sized pictures, so I can upload them to SkyDrive quickly over LTE.

Would anyone know how to reduce the image resolution in the Camera app to 1MP or lower? Is it even possible? This is the first time I don't see a low-resolution setting in a camera program. Even my 16MP Panasonic digital camera can take VGA (640x480) pics.

If the Camera app doesn't do it, are there third-party apps?

Thanks so much for your help.

Change the upload settings in SkyDrive to a smaller one.

Not sure what options they give as I like full resolution. LTE = fast for me.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The camera software in the lumia 920 is the most crippled software on any wp8 phone so far. There is little you can do with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb