Is there an option to set the OIS off?

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't remind me that I don't have a Lumia 920 lol... I'm not denying your statement that it's using a floating lens technology, but I think I saw it in one of the videos posted by some guy here (turning OIS off)... But again, I could just be imagining it...

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't remind me that I don't have a Lumia 920 lol... I'm not denying your statement that it's using a floating lens technology, but I think I saw it in one of the videos posted by some guy here (turning OIS off)... But again, I could just be imagining it...

I've had my Lumia 920 for 9 days, I haven't seen any setting to disable it. The rattling is nothing to worry about, the only time it makes that noise is if you shake it fast or sometimes when the vibrator goes off it will make the lens rattle.

Jetrii

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
OIS is not Digital Image Stabilization. You can't disable it like you can on some cameras/phones. OIS is achieved with tiny gyro-sensors inside the lens that quickly shift pieces of the lens glass to off-set your motion. There is nothing you can do to disable it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
OIS is not Digital Image Stabilization. You can't disable it like you can on some cameras/phones. OIS is achieved with tiny gyro-sensors inside the lens that quickly shift pieces of the lens glass to off-set your motion. There is nothing you can do to disable it.

THANK YOU!! SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!

And why would you want to disable it?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
but in the test videos when the feature was showed off I could have sworn they had it off then tapped the screen and it was on? To show the difference yo event goers unless its off when not recording and when you press record it goes online? I dunno will try it

rekkid

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Actually lens based ois CAN be turned off... Many nikons can turn off the vr features.

now I know that these lenses are way different from little cell phone lenses but if they have same piezo sensors and electromagnets running the show, in theory it could be turned off and the floating lens locked down to a position.

just saying...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes