12-12-2012 10:44 AM
346 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Chat online with AT&T and got $50 credit toward my account with no issue. Sweet!
    11-20-2012 11:17 PM
    dang man they told me I have to go into the store.....I'm going to try again first thing at midnight in Hawaii since call center opens at 6 am ET. Crossing my fingers I don't really want to go into the store again, makes me feel uncomfortable going into the store since I have had so many problems.
    11-21-2012 12:49 AM
    :( :( If only no contract was at $400!!
    11-21-2012 12:58 AM
    I was planning on picking one up on Friday...but now after seeing the ad is basically only good for west coast states, i'm concerned.

Do you think AT&T will match their OWN price in store? I mean...that's really sh***y if they don't.
    11-21-2012 05:19 AM
    A few questions - I chatted with AT&T and was tole that "AT&T will return the excess " to me. I was given a case number, but no time frame for the credit.
    Did anyone else have a similar experience? How long did it get for the credit to show up, and when it did how did you find out about the credit actually applied to your account?
    Thanks!
    11-21-2012 06:18 AM
    A few questions - I chatted with AT&T and was tole that "AT&T will return the excess " to me. I was given a case number, but no time frame for the credit.
    Did anyone else have a similar experience? How long did it get for the credit to show up, and when it did how did you find out about the credit actually applied to your account?
    Thanks!
    Usually the standard response is "yes, as a one-time courtesy" or "no, we do not price match". I would look into that further if I was you.
    11-21-2012 07:55 AM
    After 3 Chats and 2 calls, My chat this morning finally got me the $50 credit right before I was going to give up!!! Happy Camper here!!!!
    11-21-2012 08:08 AM
    I just got my statement credit of $50, it literally took all of 5 minutes using the online chat through the website. They didn't even question anything, just that she will give the $50 statement credit, done!

Score for ATT having awesome customer service through the whole buying experience with purchasing the 920!
    11-21-2012 08:59 AM
    No problem receiving $50 credit for each of the five Lumia 920 phones we had purchased. I called Customer Care and simply said that due to AT&T's Black Friday $49.99 offering, as well as that same price being offered at Walmart and Best Buy, I understood I would need to call them to receive the $50 price match credit on my purchases, and it took less than 5 minutes to have the credit applied to my bill (it may take 1-2 billing cycles, as with any of their credits). Great way to start my day! :)
    wamsille likes this.
    11-21-2012 09:12 AM
    Guess I'm unlucky, the online chat guy refused to do it. Saying internet rumors don't apply to Att. I'll try again later to get someone else
    11-21-2012 09:24 AM
    Just got off chat with ATT. Getting $109 credit on my next bill for the two Lumia's. I just said I saw walmart selling for $49 and that they were going to sell it on Friday for $49.
    Agent said no problem asked me to wait a min, then came back and said the credit would be on my next statement.
    11-21-2012 09:30 AM
    Guess I'm unlucky, the online chat guy refused to do it. Saying internet rumors don't apply to Att. I'll try again later to get someone else
    Just try again. You aren't unlucky, the guy was just misinformed and trying to be cute.
    11-21-2012 09:30 AM
    This worked literally in five minutes. Did the online chat, was asked when I bought the phone and for how much. Was immediately offered the $50 credit as a "one time courtesy" even though they don't "match retail store pricing". Easy as that. Thanks for the tip guys.
    11-21-2012 09:34 AM
    I just got turned down via the chat as they "do not match a 1 time price reduction". Explained that I was a premier customer and that did not sway them.
    11-21-2012 09:48 AM
    Sorry to those who keep getting turned down. I wish AT&T would stop the BS and just give it out to everyone. I am in Virginia, so its not only a West Coast thing, however I did order online if that might make a difference.
    11-21-2012 10:00 AM
    I just got turned down via the chat as they "do not match a 1 time price reduction". Explained that I was a premier customer and that did not sway them.
    Keep trying. You do eventually get a hold of someone that can help you. When you get the rejection and they counter your rebuttal just end the call/chat and try again.
    11-21-2012 10:20 AM
    I have tried the live chat over 12 times... To no avail, I have had half of those reps become rude smartasses with me and talk down to me. I want to return both of my phones to AT&T and set the building on fire.
    11-21-2012 10:32 AM
    I am in the midwest, and I bought two 920 devices on launch day OFF CONTRACT. One from ATT Online, and one directly from the store. I just went on chat, and after some coercing, received $100 credit to my account. So it DOES work for off-contract phones. I just never said I bought them off-contract. And they didn't ask. Now I am trying to get my free charge pads.
    11-21-2012 10:33 AM
    I have tried the live chat over 12 times... To no avail, I have had half of those reps become rude smartasses with me and talk down to me. I want to return both of my phones to AT&T and set the building on fire.
    Before you do that, Milton, try calling them. I save the transcripts from my chats with AT&T for this very reason. You might even get a credit just for the harassment alone.
    11-21-2012 10:43 AM
    I did the chat thing last night and worked like a charm. I even bought the phone at a Microsoft store, so not through AT&T brick and mortar OR online. My rep had nothing to say about it being a one time courtesy. Link below to a screenshot. :)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ANu_OzX3xrNgls
    (If you are confused by the rep calling me Mr. Soto versus Mr. Sziklassy, Soto is my wife's maiden name, and she is the one who opened the account, but the rep realized his error).
    11-21-2012 10:46 AM
    I was planning on picking one up on Friday...but now after seeing the ad is basically only good for west coast states, i'm concerned.
    The ad may say so, but I am just about as east coast as you can get. :)
    11-21-2012 11:00 AM
    Ummm...you better hope none of their buildings actually burn down in the next few days...:D
    11-21-2012 11:38 AM
    Also, my wife got the email from ATT yesterday and didn't notice it started on Friday. She went yesterday, and they ordered the phones and noted they will give her $100 credit on the first bill. Not bad.
    11-21-2012 11:41 AM
    Has anyone here managed to get a $50 credit for matching the BF sale for Lumia920's purchased from the Microsoft Store?
    11-21-2012 12:02 PM
    Before you do that, Milton, try calling them. I save the transcripts from my chats with AT&T for this very reason. You might even get a credit just for the harassment alone.
    Who is Milton? And I don't have any chats saved. On my last (12th) chat, I danced on the line with the one rep. Christine. She was talking down to me, so I fired back. I didn't curse, I threatened that I will switch to Verizon etc, and I told her that she needs to learn her job, because she failed.

Idk, i'm burnt out. Im pissed, my battery life is ****ed and I can't get a credit.
    11-21-2012 12:06 PM
346 ... 910111213 ...