AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

mikejets89

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
man.. i'm on chat right now.. about this very issue.. this is what this person said.......... "I really appreciate you taking the time to call us regarding [issue]. If you have questions, I'm sure others do as well. Our customers are really the best part of AT&T, and I want to make sure we are doing everything we can to ensure you are truly happy with our service."

.........We will keep our customers posted for the Lumia 920 issue feedback.

they refer to it as a "issue"
now i'm being transferred to a manager

the chat person will not commit to giving me the credit

They did same thing to me lol she told me I give you the credit this one time

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

just contacted Customer Support.....the guy was really nice ....he said they don't match online prices but he'll do it for me since I'm a long time customer with AT&T, took $100 for both my phones I order and I asked for waived activation also since my YELLOW L920 is still processing since last week ...after a few minutes, he said he can waive both activation fees and gave me my credit of $100 towards my bill

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I just called and was given a credit of $60.58 because of the black Friday ad.att text message:ATT free msg;an adjustment of $60.58 was applied to your acct; Your new balance is $166.39. You can check your balance anytime *225#

Last edited:

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I just got off chat, I put in the "What can we do for you?" box that I wanted the price match to the sale price. And they took care of it with little issue.

Chat log for those having trouble and/or not believing chat works...

Archimedes Griffin: Mr. Kidd Jr., thank you for chatting with AT&T. I can help you.

Archimedes Griffin: Let me check, please hang on.
Archimedes Griffin: I only see a Lumia 900 on that number.
Archimedes Griffin: The promo is only applicable to the Lumia 920.
John Kidd Jr: I just ordered the Lumia 920.
Archimedes Griffin: When was it ordered?
John Kidd Jr: November 10th
John Kidd Jr: Order Number: EXTPxxxxxxxxxx
Archimedes Griffin: 11/09, correct?
John Kidd Jr: Or the 9th, I just looked up the email, must have been the shipping one I found.
Archimedes Griffin: Alright.
Archimedes Griffin: Done, your new balance is $-36.21. Would there be anything else?
John Kidd Jr: Nope, that's it. Thanks!

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I just got off the phone with AT&T. They did it for my wife's phone as well. Great.... love AT&T and also waived off the activation fees on both phones. Thanks

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

My son and I each bought a 920 a week ago. ATT owns the company he works for so I really didn't expect them to give us the price match since he gets the activation fees waived anyway. But he called and it was no problem.

To be honest I was expecting this phone to be at least $199 and would have gladly paid it. The $99 price tag was a pleasant surprise but this is great!

Big thanks to the OP for posting!!

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

I did this earlier at work when I saw the post for my red 920 (got yesterday) and my wife's yellow 920 (not shipped yet), and she said that she would take care of it no problem and credited $150 to the account. Don't know where the other $50 came from, but I'll take it!

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Apparently I've tried chatting too many times... (just tried for the 3rd time. One right after another.) The last guy told me this after he said he seen I was just chatting with another agent {BUSTED!}:
We are currently not offering a credit for the $50. What you can do is contact our e-commerce department and they would be able to further assist you. Their phone number is 866-267-4510. The other option is that you can return the device if it is within the 14 day buyers remorse period and then purchase the device at the lower cost.

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

**I posted this on the front page also. So far AT&T customer service has been very good.

I called AT&T. I ordered 2 Nokia 920 phones online. I explained that AT&T has a price drop to $49.99 and I just purchased mine online and would like the new price. It took a minute but she credited my account with $50x2. So far I got.....

Lumina 920 Red and Cyan
$99 red - mine - bad SIM card would not connect on turn on. I had to go down to my local AT&T store to get a new one. Its not an corporate store, so my AT&T rep thought I might have to pay for a new SIM. He credited me $40 to cover any cost I might have. I did not even have to ask for this.
$99 Cyan - wife - love the color - boot up and connected fine. No problems so far.
$198 for both phones
$72 for activation ($36) a piece
$270 total
I recieved in credit so far...
$100 - credit due to price drop
$72 - since my phones did not arrive on time, waived activation fee
$40 - credit in case I had to buy a new SIM card. I did not have too, the store gave me one free and activated phone
Total cost to me
$58 for both phones :)
Envy me ;D
love AT&T

MobieCat

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

it is only for specific states http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQqvk6B8ZtbSB8vRH4AAYi76jH/doc.html
Nokia Lumia 920 is $49.99 with 2-yr agreement with voice (min $39.99/mo) and min monthly data plan ($20/mo).
Offer available only in AZ,AK,CA,CO,HI,ID,MT,NV,NM,OR,UT,WA,WY. This offer is only available in AT&T Company-Owned Retail Locations from Friday, 11/23 through Sunday, 11/25
Subject to Wireless Customer Agrmt. Credit approval req'd. Activ fee $36/line. Geographic, usage and other terms, conditions and restrictions apply, and may result in svc termination. Coverage and scvs not avail everywhere. Taxes and other charges apply.

Juiblex

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

IMO don't use the chat, call the number. I live in NJ and got the deal. I just said I got an email from ATT with the offer and I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning and buying it again for the deal. And as the conversation goes on I ask if they can't credit it to the purchase (they cannot) if they can credit it to my monthly bill (they can).

Your monthly contract is worth thousands of dollars 50 dollars wont make a dent in it. 50 dollars towards 100 dollars of merchandise they are selling at a loss will.

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I ordered online and I am in Virginia. I hope AT&T gives this to everyone, the more happy Win8 phone users we have the better :)

knitoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I just did the online chat and got the $50 credit, thanks guys!

blurredvision

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I bought my 920 from a corp-owned AT&T store on launch day. Just an upgrade on my account that's been active with 2 lines for 5 years now, never been late on a payment. Guy didn't charge me the $38 activation fee for some reason, guess it was an apology because I waited for about 30 minutes that night. Last weekend, they credited me the $50 for the charging plate and let me buy the charging dock for $20.

Now today, I hop on chat, transcript states I was in chat for a grand total of 8 minutes, 29 seconds:

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Marion Demitri'
Marion Demitri: Hi Mr. , thank you for chatting with AT&T. I can help you with your pricing concern today.
J: Hello. I purchased the Lumia*****in store on November 9th and am seeing that the Black Friday price for this phone will be $49. Can I get a price match for this lower price?
Marion Demitri: Definitely Mr. . May I know how much did you bought your phone?
J: It was $99 plus my local state tax.
Marion Demitri: I see. I would be more than happy to credit the $50 on your account so that you would have the same pricing as the black friday promo. We want you to know that you are a valued customer and I know that this would be for your satisfaction.
J: A credit would be fine, thank you very much! When will I see this credit on my account?
Marion Demitri: You will see it in your account after 7 days Mr. . It will also appear on your next bill.
J: OK, thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Marion Demitri: No problem, we want you to know that you are a valued customer of AT&T. Now that I have resolved all of your issues, is there anything I can do to make you a happier customer today?
J: No, that will be all. Have a good night.
Marion Demitri: You have been awesome throughout this chat session! Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to help you resolve your inquiry today. Please leave a comment about the service I have rendered for you today. Click the close button of this chat and a customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear. We appreciate your feedback.

I waited about 10 minutes and the $50 credit is now showing on my account, ready for next month.

People rag on AT&T all the time, I've never had an issue with them and this kind of customer service will keep me with them for quite some time.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

called and spoke with CS rep, said i'm still within the 14 days, i can return the phones and purchase them again on Friday to take advantage of the sale but they cannot credit my account as the sale is not going on right now. pushed and pushed, no leeway.

called back about 15 minutes later and spoke with a CS supervisor. told me that the 49.99$ Lumia 920 sale on black Friday is a rumor and that everyone who has received a credit due to this fraudulent ad and email will be contacted and the credit will be reversed shortly. said this is all a scam/hoax.

Juiblex

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

called and spoke with CS rep, said i'm still within the 14 days, i can return the phones and purchase them again on Friday to take advantage of the sale but they cannot credit my account as the sale is not going on right now. pushed and pushed, no leeway.

called back about 15 minutes later and spoke with a CS supervisor. told me that the 49.99$ Lumia 920 sale on black Friday is a rumor and that everyone who has received a credit due to this fraudulent ad and email will be contacted and the credit will be reversed shortly. said this is all a scam/hoax.

Odd, when I spoke with them she found the deal herself I think, almost got the $0.99 till she realized I have the 920 and not the 900.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Just got off the phone with AT&T. Started with the number that Juiblex posted, they transferred me to the ecommerce department, which the guy I talked to in chat told me to call, and was told that they can't credit me $50 until the deal is actually active. So I would have to wait till Friday to call and try and get the deal, which doesn't look like I we get in Ohio. Any suggestions on whether I should call or try chat again in a little while? Chatted 3 times, called once and got transferred.

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

My experience...Tried the chat this morning, the guy insisted he could not make any changes to my account. Told me to call the sales number.

Decided to try chat again this afternoon. This lady asked me how I heard about the Black Friday deal. After a few more questions, she said she would make a one time credit to my account. Sweet. $53.99 back! Now, if only I could get my free wireless charger.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss