12-12-2012 10:44 AM
346 ... 11121314
tools
    Chat didn't get me anywhere yet.

Jamaica Ragnacci: This special offer is only available in AT&T COR and Dealer locations in the West region from Friday, 11/23 through 11/25.
    Jamaica Ragnacci: We appreciate your recent purchase, however certain Holiday pricing and promotions that are offered at our in store locations cannot be matched if purchased through another sales channel or if purchased outside of the promotional timeframe."

I live in CA, bought it an actual AT&T store less than 5 days ago back to work on getting this credit.
    I chatted with that rep as well and was told the same thing. One phone call and I had the credit right away.
    11-21-2012 10:47 PM
    So I called 611 and hit that credit it 6 minutes!!! Ahhh . . . I love saving money. Thanks for this post!!!!
    11-22-2012 04:38 PM
    seems it is state specific. am from connecticut, and this rebating thing is not applicable here. Anyone from CT?
    11-22-2012 05:24 PM
    Here is an update about my case number - I chatted today to check the status and I was told my request was denied by the "back office team". Not only that, I was told not to contact AT&T again about this issue: " I want to ensure all of your questions and concerns are addressed to save you time from having to contact us back again in the near future."

I still think it's a great buy at $100, but I am unhappy about the fact that AT&T does not treat their customers equally.
    11-23-2012 09:50 AM
    I went to one of the local AT&T stores and none of the reps knew anything about this credit. I pulled out my iPad and went right to the WP Central website's report on it. They then called the corporate office. When I spoke to a rep in the corporate office, he also said that he did not know anything about a credit that was to be applied to early adopters of the Lumia 920. I then gave him the WP Central website link. He read the posting and then he said that he had to speak to his supervisor. When he returned he said that they were applying the $50 credit to my account.

Clearly, this is one of those deals that you have to be persistent on. The rep kept insisting that this was not reported on the AT&T website. Had I not produced the WP Central website address that reported on this I really do not think that I would have gotten the credit. Thanks guys for informing everyone of this!
    11-23-2012 10:36 AM
    I'm not sure why I'm so special (maybe because I'm on a corporate discount), but I'm getting $65.11 back! Score!
    11-23-2012 10:49 AM
    I just got off chat and told them I had purchased on release day and also switched from Sprint and that my girlfriend purchased 11/20/2012. The nice lady instantly credited our bill with $107.31 (tax). No questions asked. Took about 10 minutes total. I'm very impressed!
    11-23-2012 11:10 AM
    Well I'm on a corprate discount and apparently I don't matter. Tried via chat and via phone and continue to be shot down. I have used everything on here that everyone else has had success with and no dice.
    11-23-2012 11:14 AM
    i'm getting mine right now.all i said was i am unhappy they didn't tell me about the promotion and wondered if i could get a credit on my account or do i have to return it and purchase it again.
    11-23-2012 11:19 AM
    So here we are today on black Friday and no sign of a price reduction on the 920 from ATT. What is the deal here? Does anyone have a screen grab? Also Amazon raised its price back to $70. WalMart is still best deal in town with the $70 price and a $100 gift card.
    11-23-2012 11:27 AM
    Good luck, Ive been through heII calling tons of times and been transferred all over the wonderful wizard of Ozland and hung up on.

I ended up talking with a direct supervisor and they will not honor this Black Friday sale deal no matter what. However I did get a $25 off discount because my phone was suppose to be delivered the 14th and my Sprint phone was suppose to be shut off on the 18th. Since I had to keep my Sprint number active past the 18th and pay Sprint extra money past the cycle, AT&T gave me the $25.

Good luck
    11-23-2012 11:42 AM
    Good luck, Ive been through **** calling tons of times and been transferred all over the wonderful wizard of Ozland and hung up on.

I ended up talking with a direct supervisor and they will not honor this Black Friday sale deal no matter what. However I did get a $25 off discount because my phone was suppose to be delivered the 14th and my Sprint phone was suppose to be shut off on the 18th. Since I had to keep my Sprint number active past the 18th and pay Sprint extra money past the cycle, AT&T gave me the $25.

Good luck
    Ya at this point I'm not going to bother anymore. The phone was a steal at $100. Clearly you had to jump on this early Tuesday to even get the adjustment. Oh well that's what I get for working, I miss out on lots of stuff oh well.
    11-23-2012 11:48 AM
    Sounds like corporate found out about representatives giving out the $50 credits and ordered their representatives to stop doing the credits.

"I am sorry, we do not price match for in store Black Friday Specials. These offers were for a few select stores in specific markets."

I continued to push for it, and she said that they are aware of the blogs that said other people got the $50 credit, etc... and then I said that I understand that they won't do the price match, and I personally didn't expect them to do a price match since I bought the phone before the deal was out, but I figured I would give it a try...

"I agree with you. No harm in trying and if we could, we would help. When it comes from corporate though, we have been warned."

Sooo, looks like they've been told "Hey, you weren't supposed to give credits!" Anyone else have luck recently?
    11-23-2012 12:25 PM
    You snooze, you lose. Moral of the story.
    11-23-2012 12:28 PM
    Black Friday turned out great. I'm in Texas, a state not included in the promotion but called, and told them that I have 3 phones with upgrade availability and mentioned the ad. I received 3 Lumia 920s for $49/each, free wireless pad for each, $36 activation fee waived for each one AND overnight shipping for all 3. Rep said it should arrive Tuesday. Thank you wpcentral and everyone who contributed to this great deal!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    11-23-2012 01:18 PM
    Ok, so I went in and everyone was really nice, must have had a great thanksgiving. I just got the $50 dollars off my lumia 920 and was under the impression it was only that phone. But the manager said the all the Microsoft phones were $50 off, anyone else have the same experience, that is just a super great deal.
    11-23-2012 02:53 PM
    Ok guys, i'm in Central Florida, i just ordered my upgrade online for the shown $99. Anyone else in FL had luck getting $50 off to bring it to $49?
    11-23-2012 03:07 PM
    I'm not sure why I'm so special (maybe because I'm on a corporate discount), but I'm getting $65.11 back! Score!
    It took 2 tries, got shot down over chat, then called them up an hour later and gave them the exact same line. After a bit of haggling and the (empty) threat of taking the thing back they gave me a 51.29 credit.

I had originally pre-orded my phone at BB for 149 and thought that was a good deal (glad I canceled the order) now at less than 49 bucks it's a freaking steal.

Hopefully I can talk the rest of my family plan members to ditch their iPhones in the upcoming months.
    CapnPauly likes this.
    11-23-2012 03:37 PM
    Here is a few of my latest attempts at getting the adjustment:
    AT&T Rep #1: If you purchased the device at the store, then you will need to discuss with the store manager. AT&T corporate notification, has been very explicit about no credits for this price match.

AT&T Rep #2: I do apologize Mr. Passic we are unable to adjust that amount for the device. I do see that a previous agent that you spoke with today advised you that we are unable to refund the difference due to the location that the refund is offered.

I am headed to the store to speak with the manager next. Sigh.

11-23-2012 03:43 PM
    Check it out, un altered text from my THIRTEENTH live chat with AT&T.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Gieroll O Donnell'

Gieroll O Donnell: Hi Mrs. Blair, thank you for chatting AT&T Live Chat Support. I can definitely help you with your concern! How are you today?

Jessa Blair: I'm doing great thank you...I hope you had a great thanksgiving. I hope you can help me out here

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, I can definitely help you with that!

Jessa Blair: thank you. so I bought my husband the nokia lumia 920 last week. I've convinced my coworkers to change to the lumia 920's and they've shown me the black-Friday sale of the phone for 49.99.

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, that is correct so regarding you already buy the Nokia Lumia 920, last Friday can you confirm the date?

Jessa Blair: you need the date I purchased the lumia 920?

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, the exact date please so we can make a note.

Jessa Blair: I purchased the lumia 920 and htc 8x on November 14th.

Jessa Blair: for 99.99 dollars each. they are priced significantly lower now.

Gieroll O Donnell: Okay, thank you.

Jessa Blair: you are welcome

Jessa Blair: 1

Jessa Blair: thank you

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, that is true for the customers who already buy the phone we have a discount. The current price is $99.99 but when you buy the phone an we can make a discount down to $49.99.

Gieroll O Donnell: Saving $50 is a big help.

Jessa Blair: yes it is, I am very thankful you understand that :)

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, because we are concern with our customer.

Jessa Blair: Awesome Gieroll! Thank you

Gieroll O Donnell: For now I'm done with your note, what we need to do now is to go to the store the one that you buy the phone and bring valid ID. at least two.

Gieroll O Donnell: Just told them that you purchase the phone last 11/14/2012.

Gieroll O Donnell: Together with any proof of purchase and that's all they can give you the discount for buying the Lumia 920.

Jessa Blair: Gieroll I was there yesterday and they refused to help me. THe same woman I purchased the phones from.

Gieroll O Donnell: So is there anything else I can assist you with?

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, my apologies for that cause they don't have any notes yet.

Gieroll O Donnell: But for now because I already make a note they will assist you.

Gieroll O Donnell: Just like in the hospital they want at least a schedule. But I'm so thankful because you visit as here at AT&T Live Chat.

Jessa Blair: Thank you, I should ask them to refer to the note?

Gieroll O Donnell: Yes, and please bring the papers with you so they can assist you well.

Gieroll O Donnell: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Jessa Blair: Okay, awesome. Thank you, and no there isn't.

Gieroll O Donnell: Mrs. Blair, thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you resolve your issue today. We appreciate your business and thank you for visiting AT&T.

Gieroll O Donnell: "We value your business and thank you for visiting AT&T. You may click the close button to end your session.
    I am thinking I should call AT&T about this. This person was ******ed, wtf was up with the hospital comment?
    Last edited by mcbredditor; 11-23-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Formatmting
    11-23-2012 04:45 PM
    Got turned away. Offer not valid in my state. Oh well.
    11-23-2012 04:56 PM
    I got it after my first attempt in the chat. They even credited my taxes!
    11-23-2012 05:16 PM
    The chat person did not know how to authorize the credit herself, but she called a CSR for me and transferred me to CSR for the $50 credit.

My situation is also a bit unique as I placed my L920 order via phone because I had to have a CSR authorize an early upgrade from an L900. They said AT&T does not directly allow phone and store orders and promotions to be automatically authorized by chat? Shrugs.
    11-23-2012 05:37 PM
    Hey guys i live in FL which according to the fine print isn't one of the eligible states and i got the discount. I was told by a store rep they'd have some Lumia's in today, and they didn't so i was like f*** it and just bought one online. My current bill due December is what got credited. Here's my chat from this afternoon.

Brandi Jasmine: Thank you for visiting AT&T Live Chat, for filing out the pre-chat survey and verifying the account Mr. Jamal.
    Brandi Jasmine: I can definitely help you review the Black Friday discount on a new phone. It is my priority to resolve any questions or concerns you may have today.
    Brandi Jasmine: How can I assist you today?
    jamal : Thanks
    jamal : Over the course of the past week, i've been to my local ATT store EVERYDAY to see if they have stock for a Red Lumia*****device and they haven't. Today i finally went online and upgraded to a Lumia*****for $99, but i came across a page on ATT that said it's only supposed to be $49.99 from today through Sunday
    jamal : Can i get some kind of credit on my account to bring it down to the advertised $49.99?
    Brandi Jasmine: I apologize for the delay, please bear with me.
    jamal : np
    Brandi Jasmine: I apologize for the delay, one of my systems is just going through a brief update.
    jamal : ill wait
    Brandi Jasmine: We appreciate your recent purchase, and normally, certain Holiday pricing and promotions that are offered at our "in store" locations cannot be matched if purchased through another sales channel or if purchased outside of the promotional timeframe. However, in your specific case, I can make a one-time courtesy adjustment. One moment please.
    jamal : ah thanks Brandi
    jamal : yeah the only reason i went online, is because it seems like the store was never going to get stock. i called the others in the area and none of them have it
    Brandi Jasmine: I have made an adjustment of $52.34. This amount includes taxes that may not have been originally charged as I had to make the adjustment from another system. It will apply to your bill immediately. You may check on this change at myAT&T or on your phone by calling *BAL#.
    Brandi Jasmine: By making the adjustment, have I resolved your reason for contacting AT&T today Mr. Jamal? Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    jamal : Oh wow Thanks Brandi
    jamal : That'll be it
    jamal : You have resolved it!
    Brandi Jasmine: We value your business and thank you for visiting AT&T. You may click the close button to end your session.
    Brandi Jasmine: AT&T Self-Service Tip: The free myAT&T Mobile Web Application is available on most devices and can be accessed via the mobile Web site by entering m.att.com/myatt in the device web browser or text ACCOUNT to*****and press Send. You can pay bills, check usage, and manage your features directly from the application.
    jamal : I appreciate it, you have a great day
    Brandi Jasmine: You too.
    11-23-2012 05:39 PM
    Nope...
    I just did the "chat with AT&T" thing and here is the response I got...

Mr. Zasadny, we appreciate your recent purchase, however certain Holiday pricing and promotions that are offered at our “in store” locations cannot be matched if purchased through another sales channel or if purchased outside of the promotional timeframe.
    11-23-2012 05:41 PM
346 ... 11121314