The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-12-2012 10:44 AM
346 ... 121314
tools
    finally just got my $50 credit from AT&T (on my fourth try)
    11-23-2012 10:13 PM
    I just got this today on my first try through online billing chat after I login to my ATT account. Transcript:

Me: Hi, I preordered an Nokia Lumia 920 on the 7th and then had a nightmare of a time with the order. I finally received the phone Wednesday and had the services activated Friday. I just saw the price on the phone is now $49.99 instead of $99.99 that I paid.
    Me: I am wondering if you can do a price match as a one time courtesy.
    Me: I just switched to ATT and the experience has been horrible so far.
    Me: I don't want to return the phone and then go buy it again at the store to get the new price if I can help it.
    Me: Anything you could do would be great.
    Kiezel Taylor: Let me check it for you.
    Kiezel Taylor: Let me adjust the payment for you.
    Me: Thank you very much.
    Kiezel Taylor: I can adjust the $50 for you. Would that be fine?
    Me: yes, that would be fine
    Kiezel Taylor: Okay, please stay on this chat while I process your request.
    Me: Ok.

So I had the following credits applied:

$36 Activation Fee Waived
    $15 Overnight Shipping Waived (when it shipped it took two days instead of the one I paid for)
    $40 Data Plan Credit (My phone was activated on Wednesday but they couldn't get the data plan provisioned correctly until Friday)
    $50 Phone price match from Black Friday Sale (I ordered my phone online in California)

So the only thing I am waiting on now is the free wireless charger. (I don't have any tracking and am told just to wait for it) I would say that overall the experience has been bad to horrible but I think ATT has made every effort to make things right in my case and for that I will be happy to stick with them as long as the service stays up to par.
    11-24-2012 11:39 AM
    Called twice, online chat twice, and called my local corporate store..........none would help me. Only way I could get the deal is if I return my phone and buy another. I'm on my 4th handset due to problems and the one I have now came directly from Nokia and is working flawlessly, I don't want to chance getting another lemon.

At&t CS is really pretty bad.
    11-24-2012 11:44 AM
    I am done trying, two times was enough for me. I don't understand how some of you people are calling and they are being so nice and crediting you so quickly. The first representative I called a couple of days ago blatently lied to me and said "There is no promotion on the Lumia 920 for $49.99..that is a scam and it isn't true". The second one talked down to me the whole call and was using a tone that was very inappropriate for a customer service representative to use.

I just switched from Verizon so I could get the Lumia 920...I am loving my Lumia 920 but not AT&T! I have been with Verizon most of my cell phone years, switched to T-Mobile for 2 Years, and then back to Verizon. So far AT&T is at the bottom of the list as far as customer service goes. One thing is for sure....after my two years it is goodbye to AT&T..they had a shot to try and convince me to stay with them but they have already ruined it (and it has only been a couple of weeks!).

Congratulations to all of you who did receive your credit, looks like the luck was on your side this time.
    11-24-2012 01:57 PM
    OK I give up. Apparently this is only valid in "select corporate-run ATT stores in the west region", and I'm in MA...Tried online chat 2x, store 1x, call 1x, and the online ppl don't really know what they are doing. Both store and call gave me the same response, they are running this in west region only. Store guy called CS for clarification and even suggested me calling to try to get it. oh well. still not that bad for 99, only if they can SHIP MY YELLOW PHONE!
    11-24-2012 02:35 PM
    I just called [via Chat] my ATT CS and promptly was issued a txt confirmation of my credit applied to my account totaling $50
    "The offer online is only available in AT&T company-owned retail stores from Nov. 23 to 25. I already partnered with my manager and since you are a valued customer I will credit the price difference."
    They love me...
    11-24-2012 03:25 PM
    I ordered my 920 on the 9th, and got it yesterday (the 24th). Called yesterday (from work, before I got home to open/activate the phone) and got them to knock off $50, which showed up in my AT&T account as a credit immediately. I basically (and nicely) told the rep that I could have waited until Black Friday and just bought one, as opposed to "buying" it on the 9th and then waiting.
    11-24-2012 05:03 PM
    I got success on my third try with chat! Their employees have definitely been told to not do these price matches, but you might get lucky and find a nice employee :)

Andrew Bares: Hey Ryan, I saw that some people have been getting $50 credits for their Lumia 920's they bought since AT&T dropped the in-store price to $49 this weekend. Can I get a credit, since I bought mine last weekend for $99? Is that possible? Or did they all just get lucky? :P

Ryan Dela Cruz : Mr. Bares, we appreciate your recent purchase, however certain Holiday pricing and promotions that are offered at our in store locations cannot be matched if purchased through another sales channel or if purchased outside of the promotional timeframe..

Andrew Bares: Mine was purchased in the store, but yeah it was purchased outside the timeframe of their sale...

Andrew Bares: But there's countless people who have received credits nevertheless, and they bought their phone at the same time as I did!

Ryan Dela Cruz : I see. Well, my hands are tied when it comes to these kind of credits. Let me see what I can do here.

Andrew Bares: Yeah I understand, you have to follow the rules of the boss!

Ryan Dela Cruz : But AT&T is finding ways to satisfy our customers and meeting their expectations. :)

Andrew Bares: Yea it seems like they do! We just switched from T-Mobile since the cell reception has been pretty poor when we go hiking... AT&T had a signal the whole way on my hike this weekend, it's looking great!

Ryan Dela Cruz : You are on the largest broadband network in the country! :)

Andrew Bares: Yep!

Ryan Dela Cruz : Please stay on the line.

Ryan Dela Cruz : Thank you for your patience, Mr. Bares. AT&T granted you a one-time courtesy credit! The bill went down to $184.84

Ryan Dela Cruz : Please remember to utilize our free star services! Just dial *BAL#(*225#)/*SAL#(*725#) (Spanish) to check your invoice balance, last payment received, and next bill due date.

Andrew Bares: Wow, that's incredible! Thanks so much Ryan, I'm definitely going to recommend AT&T to my friends, this is impressive!
    11-24-2012 08:45 PM
    I looked today and mine was shipped last night and I will get it finally on Monday, what I find odd is they didn't charge my credit card, and because I canceled the frist ordered I checked my other account to see if they messed up and charged that and they didn't. I'll keep an eye on it, or maybe they are waiting for the charger to ship?
    11-24-2012 09:31 PM
    Tried to do this a second time for my brother, who is on my fathers account. Didn't work this time. My first time (On MY account) went flawlessly and took 5 minutes. This try was just awful.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Timothy Johnson'
    Timothy Johnson: Hello Mr. Arriola Welcome to ATT, I see your chatting in about your account I can definitely take care of that for you today
    Me: Hello. Thank you for your time
    Timothy Johnson: your welcome, one moment while I access your account
    Timothy Johnson: My understand is you purchased a Nokia Lumia 920 over the weekend?
    Me: Umm it was purchased on the launch weekend
    M: and they started a black friday sale this weekend
    Ricky David Arriola: So I was looking at the possibility of receiving a credit for the difference of the sale price
    Timothy Johnson: excellent device
    Timothy Johnson: What was the sales price?
    Me: Yes, it was purchased for my son. He loves it.
    Me: The sale price is 49.99 + free charger i believe. And we paid a total of 99 before taxes etc.
    Me: I think i have a link to the sale somewhere. one moment
    Timothy Johnson: What was the reason for the credit?
    Me: A difference in sales price. I believe it's still in the return policy period. My other son, who is on his own account, was able to get a refund of the difference of sale price
    Timothy Johnson: I don't believe we do refunds for the Nokia 920
    Me: As I said, one of my sons was able to do it.
    Timothy Johnson: I will have to check on this, one moment
    Me: No problem.
    Timothy Johnson: I am sorry about the wait, however we would not be able to provide a credit for the Nokia Lumia
    Me: I see. Is there a number I can call to talk to someone else? Simply by googling the phrase "AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale
    Me: "
    Me: I'm getting hundreds of reports of this credit being given
    Timothy Johnson: I talked with one of our team members and they assured me there is no credit for the Nokia Lumia
    Timothy Johnson: I think there was some misinformation about the link you were looking at
    Me: Okay. I'll try calling the billing department. My son received a credit for this as well. So it's not just misinformation
    Me: Thank you for your time anyway Timothy.
    Timothy Johnson: Thanks for chatting with ATT
    11-25-2012 06:11 PM
    It took me emailing Ralph.DeLaVega@att.com to get my credit.

Alot of hassle but I was not going to be denied! :)
    11-27-2012 04:43 PM
    So i ordered four 920s, i was only able to get two of them adjusted so a total of $100 that is all they could do. I did this last week on Tuesday or Wednesday, I thought that was the end of it.

Fast forward to today, my parents got their phones in, they ordered four. All of them was able to be activated except for two, so my dad went into the store to fix the issue and they credited the remaining two $50, i wasn't even there. NOt sure how it played out, but the store they ordered from gave them the remaining credits. So we got credits for the four phones that we ordered from that store.
    11-27-2012 05:45 PM
    Called into AT&T today since my second order for my free wireless charger was not showing up in my account. Rep again confirmed that order did not go through for some reason. I explained the hours I have wasted and also how I had chatted the other day about getting the discount and they said someone would call on Friday and no one even had the courtesy to call. The rep offered me $150 for the inconvenience, reordered the charger and said he would call tomorrow to verify that my order went through. They definitely dropped the ball but are going out of their way to make it up to me.
    11-27-2012 05:56 PM
    My case was initiated and completed, but the credit was not there. I contacted AT&T and they said my request has been denied since I purchased online and the promotion is in stor only. WTH???
    12-11-2012 01:14 PM
    Okay just talked to another rep. Problem solved. Phew..
    12-11-2012 01:35 PM
    The first rep interally told me 'you should talk to customer service about this' and I said 'aren't you customer service'??????????

And she said 'no I'm billing and payment.'

Well, thank you for nothing, Ms. Billing And Payment.
    12-11-2012 01:36 PM
    AT&T is still giving credits back on this?

Wow.
    CapnPauly likes this.
    12-11-2012 01:39 PM
    Rules for dealing with customer service (any): Be polite. Ask, don't demand. Be patient if it takes them a couple minutes, they can only go as fast as the system will allow them. Have information that may be releavant to the call ready, SKU numbers, model, etc. If you've been a long-standing customer, just politely mention that (true or not) you've enjoyed most of your experiences with them. If you call in and take an irritated, or hostile tone with them, they are not going to be willing to help you.

I work in a call center myself (not AT&T), and just taking this approach, I have pretty much gotten what I wanted every single time I have talked to them. I've been a customer of theirs for 9 years. I've even asked a rep occasionally let me pass a compliment to a supervisor at the end of the call.
    Last edited by Etyrnus; 12-11-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    12-11-2012 01:55 PM
    I was able to get my credits at two different times. I ordered 4 920s on my plan and they said they would only give me credits for two, so $100 since they couldnt confirm the deal. I said fine, ill take it. Then my parents when on their on to the store and asked for the credits and got the remaining $100 with no issues. I didn't even know my parents knew about the deal. The first two was credited when the deal was published before black friday, the 2nd $100 was probably a week ago. So i got $200 credit and add on another $160 in upgrade credits waived. Total of $360 in credits this month :)
    12-11-2012 03:45 PM
    Im a little late on this I guess, but have been trying for 15 minutes. First five chat operators have denied me the credit so far. All keep saying I have to go back to the store which I really want to avoid doing.
    12-11-2012 04:28 PM
    Im a little late on this I guess, but have been trying for 15 minutes. First five chat operators have denied me the credit so far. All keep saying I have to go back to the store which I really want to avoid doing.
    Yeah my case was initiated on 11/20 so they can look at the record. Good luck!
    12-12-2012 10:44 AM
346 ... 121314