AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

So, the $49.99 deal also includes the wireless charger?

whoaty55

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

A no go for me. Tried and tried. Spoke to online chat. Even the manager said they don't offer credits for this. Tried to argue my point......no luck.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

A no go for me. Tried and tried. Spoke to online chat. Even the manager said they don't offer credits for this. Tried to argue my point......no luck.

That doesn't make sense because you can just return it, and get ti again for 50 bucks less. Did you try explaining it from that point of view?

Just keep calling until you find a rep that will give you the credit.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I swear, I get linked up with the most clueless folks in the chat interface -

Not able to access my account, only can be done through calling a rep on the phone... Yet, all of y'all are able to do it through chat... sheesh..

whoaty55

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

That doesn't make sense because you can just return it, and get ti again for 50 bucks less. Did you try explaining it from that point of view?

Sure did, but her reply was....you can return it but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for another because they're all out of stock. No help

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

That's why I just did the online chat option. Sometimes calling into Customer Service is like pulling teeth. As I suspected when I posted this, not all of the reps are going to be aware of the promotion and since it doesn't start until Friday the 23rd there may be some out into giving you the credit now versus two days from now. Once again, your mileage may vary. Don't argue the point with the AT&T rep, they only do what they are told.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

For those that have had success with the chat interface - which 'department' did you link up with to get this done? I keep getting folks that 'don't have access' to my account even though I've been required to give them at least the last four digits of the SSN on that account...

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

I logged in and went to the contact us page, chose chat option, then selected billing and payments dept.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Sure did, but her reply was....you can return it but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for another because they're all out of stock. No help

Oh, so they are holding stock until this Friday to help with the demand. Yeah, you aren't waiting 2-3 weeks, more like 72 hours. Your counter to her counter could have been...

OK, so I could still go to an AT&T store and add another line to my account and purchase the Lumia 920 (again) and get it for $49.99 on a two-year with the wireless charging plate. That same day I can return my previously purchased device since I'm within the 14-day exchange window, effectively getting the price correction credit I should have been entitled to.

ace182

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

For those that have had success with the chat interface - which 'department' did you link up with to get this done? I keep getting folks that 'don't have access' to my account even though I've been required to give them at least the last four digits of the SSN on that account...

I recommend you call. The chat thing was a pain in the butt. I went through two reps before I got frustrated and called. The lady I got on the phone fixed it in 5 mins. I didn't even have to provide the link. She told me within a few mins that the call would end with a smile on my face. Also she said that by federal law now you may request an operator that's native language is english. (I think that helped that she knew what I was trying to do as opposed to it getting lost in translation when you have a foreign operator.) Hope this helps you.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I did the online chat, $50 credit to my account. Earlier I had to call to get my charging plate they offered for free, although it's on back order. This is one heck of a deal for this phone.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Also she said that by federal law now you may request an operator that's native language is english. (I think that helped that she knew what I was trying to do as opposed to it getting lost in translation when you have a foreign operator.) Hope this helps you.

I'm not going to jump on English-only band wagon calling into Customer Service. Some of the best reps I've dealt with spoke English as a second language and provided me with service and support second to none. I will, however, say that women tend to offer me better Customer Service than men.

john phan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

i just got of chat with them. They told me that i have to bring my phone to the ATT store where i bought them for credit. strange but will do, anything to get $50. lol

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I went to online chat, explained the situation and provided the link to the special, she gave me 2 options, to return the device or to get a credit on my current bill. I picked the credit. She took care if it. im very happy :) now i gotta go to the store and see if i can order my charging pad.

Mangrove Mafia

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I do notice that the deal is only valid for certain states only.. Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming... Which is weird that it (according to that email) is only for the Pacific Time Zone...

I'll just try again and talk to another person...

I'm in Florida and got my credit with no questions asked.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

For those having trouble getting the $50, just call and ask to speak to a supervisor. If not, just be pushy and slightly upset.

I recently got on chat with AT&T because apparently I was paying for insurance on my line for 9 months. After 5 minutes of me being frustrated and slightly rude, they immediately reimbursed my 9-months worth of cash.

GuppyMFJ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I understand why some people won't get it --- they're trying to drive sales of the undecided voters to come over to the Nokia. This is good and hopefully gets people on the Lumia. Here is a short piece of the chat I had:
__
Maria: I was browsing at the order details you paid $99.99 for that correct? the link that you have provided to me has an offer of $49.99 from 11/23-11/25 in the Company-owned-retail locations.
Guppy: That is correct
Maria: The offer hasn't started and this is on a limited stock at a limited time. I understand you will not be able to take advantage of it.
Guppy: Alright
Guppy: I figured I would check anyways
Maria: Here's what I am going to do, you are a valued customer of AT&T, I will go ahead and give you a one time adjustment of $30.00 on your wireless account.
__

Super helpful and she spent ~7 minutes looking for the deal since their browsers are blocked from visiting the link I gave her. I didn't get the full credit but I got more than I expected. Best service so far.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

For those having trouble getting the $50, just call and ask to speak to a supervisor. If not, just be pushy and slightly upset.

To be honest you can accomplish the same task without being pushy or a little upset. AT&T lowered the price of the phone within 30 days of releasing it and within the 14 days of the return period. AT&T isn't going to advertise that they will give the credit because they want people to call and ask for it. You will then have people on the Sales and Customer Service side either operate under the direction of or take the reigns themselves and try to find/create an out from offering the credit. Sometimes they only need to drop a banana peel, other times it is a brick wall. Don't argue with the rep, because they may have been told to push back on giving the credit. Someone else might have been direction to offer the credit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss