AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Confirmed. Worked for me. Thanks for this! :)

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

just got off the phone with mike, he didnt know what the sale price was but still hookecd it up. called 611 like the poster said. $56

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Worked like a charm for me! chatted online with a guy and he gave me $58.65 credit
Thanks for advice!

PS: I told him that I want to return the phone and get a cheap one. He tried to convince me that I would have to pay 36$ re-stocking fee so giving me a credit would be best...

Yes, the guy I spoke to told me the same thing. The credit is money in your pocket when your next bill comes so it's all good. My total credit was $110 and change (two 920's) so it seems that they are calculating other stuff. Can't complain.

mamilo1

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

My rep said that I need to go to the store and bring my receipt for the $50 refund. I just called the woman that sold me the phone. She is verifying and will get back to me. Will report back.

Like I said before, my chat rep was Betty Joseph.

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing no one has had success with an off-contract purchase, since this is a 2-year contract deal?

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Just spoke with at&t and they happily gave me a credit of $54.97. No muss, no fuss.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I also received a credit (through Chat). Unfortunately I closed my window and all I remember was her first name (Jennifer). I didn't have to work any voodoo magic. As everyone else who gets the credit has said, just be patient, polite and try someone else if they are unwilling. The first rep wanted me to return to the location.

Second rep I spoke to, I made sure to include that I purchaed the phone at an AT&T owned Corporate location (not an authorized retailer). She gave me the credit, and I just checked my account to confirm. Thank you very much OP for the information!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I just spoke with them and got credited something like $59. For those still trying, when I got in, I immediately said that there is a promotion and others are being credited, and I was wondering if I could be extended the same courtesy. I linked the promotion and the person asked her supervisor before telling me she could do it.

So, my advice is that you immediately say that there is a promotion and others are getting credited the difference and that you would like to know (don't demand, be polite) if you could be credited as well.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Realize people it's not just the $50.00 credit, but also the taxes that you paid extra..so depending on where you live, its about $52 to $56 (give or take)

Jay Lesnak

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I recieved a $50 credit as well using the chat interface. It took only a few moments. Thank you for the great tip.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I just spoke with them and got credited something like $59. For those still trying, when I got in, I immediately said that there is a promotion and others are being credited, and I was wondering if I could be extended the same courtesy. I linked the promotion and the person asked her supervisor before telling me she could do it.

So, my advice is that you immediately say that there is a promotion and others are getting credited the difference and that you would like to know (don't demand, be polite) if you could be credited as well.

thats what I did, the dude had no idea about about the promotion and still credited me. he sounded like a stoner

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Got shot down over the phone (which is bizarre), trying the chat interface now.

Chat worked great, thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

alashcraft

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I got a flat no on the phone. Then I tried chat and after a long wait while they looked into it they told me I had to go to the retail store where I bought it to request a refund.

snowskier79

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

I was on chat for 45 minutes, but I was able to take advantage of the offer. Immediate $50 credit!

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Called ATT, Spent 15 mins to get an approval from her manager, and she gave me $59 (she had no idea about the promotion)

culpepperkelli

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

It worked for me on CHAT. I was able to just ask for the credit and I got it for both phones. $116.92

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Just tried chat again, and got "Judy Richardson" who credited me $100 for the two 920s I ordered. Keep trying people!

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for all for the information. I just got my $50 credit via chat. However, the chat rep informed me that it is one time adjustment. Ideally the procedure is to return the phone to point of sale and re-purchase to get the new offer price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos