AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

PDXHero

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

First post for me, just got the $50 credit, thanks WP Forums!!!

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I already paid too and my account says "$50CR"
You are 100% correct.

I logged out and back into my account. After about 15 minutes, my credit is displayed:
"Your total credit balance is: $54.22 CR "

soloist_huaxin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

called up the store I ordered in, they asked me to bring the printout for price match. I'll see what they can do tonight (store is a mile away from my place). Thanks WPcentral for sharing this.

crazysaint

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this info. Just got off chat with the CSR and they credited $50 to my account.

jockyTBK

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just had an awesome experience getting my $50/device credit via chat. They also agreed to waive my activation fee due to the delay on my yellow 920 - which is still processing :(.
BTW - my order was placed in store on 11/10

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I have been on a chat for well over an hour. I think they are processing the credit, but it is taking forever.

Jetrii

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Just did it. Literally took 3 minutes. Thanks!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

OP saved me $50. Let's thank the **** out of him.

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Rep told me that it only applies if I purchased it in a Company owned store. I ordered mine online.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Online from AT&T? Don't they own that store?

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Got the credit via online chat, and then some, since I complained about my first bill being $150(!!!) so he credited me an extra $50 (includes a waived activation fee). Feels good man.

Guy still couldn't find any information on my wireless charging pad order though :/

flcGR.jpg

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Online from AT&T? Don't they own that store?
I don't know. The deal is for a company owned retail locations, but I guess that excludes an online order, even though that is a retailer located on the internet. Ah well, would have been nice.

On the plus side, my wireless charger finally shipped!

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

After calls to 3 separate reps I finally got my credit. Sheesh!

royaljayhawk

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Ugh. Three different chat reps- two live chat and one phone- and no luck. The phone rep claimed that the ad was actually from Microsoft and wasn't official. The last live chat rep claims that the email isn't "verified" and isn't an "official at&t offer."

Spdracer

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Got my credit but took 2 chat sessions and 3 phone calls to CS until I found someone who would give me the credit

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I am getting nowhere at all on chat...3 tries and no dice. I don't see how it was so easy for you guys.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I was told absolutely not on the price match. Didn't get lucky for the Walmart deal and didn't get lucky on this one either. I have seven lines with AT&T.

Dession

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Don't let AT&T tell you they can't do the $50 credit on your account. I spoke to a rep who said they do not give credits for hardware price changes - he instead offered me a $20 credit. I politely said, "That is incorrect, I know plenty of people who were given the $50 discount today and I would like to remain an AT&T customer rather than go to another carrier." He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with the $50 credit on my bill. Side note, when I initially ordered my Lumia 920 over the phone the rep wouldn't give me a free Wireless Charging Pad. The guy I spoke to on the phone today wouldn't give me the pad either saying it was an online promotion only, but I called back immediately when we hung up and another rep is sending it to me with 2 day shipping for free.

Bottomline: Don't hang up without getting what you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786