AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

kesri

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I tried chat. The rep said they cannot do that in chat and that I will have to call the customer service. I called the 611 from my cell and then the billing department. The lady asked for how much I needed to be matched for. As soon as I said $50, she credited that to my current bill. Hardly took 10 minutes.

rsm219

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

After 4 online chatting and one call still no luck with that.
Sad....:mad:

karesma

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

How long did it take for the credit to post to your account? I spoke to a chat rep who also said he would give me the $50 but its not showing up.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

15 minutes to show up. Had to log all the way out of account and then back in

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

5 chats, 1 call (in the middle of the 2nd call right now) and still no go.

Seriously... so frustrating when hearing that a lot of y'all had no problem doing this...

I wonder how long till my account says, "Dude calls a lot..."

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Cool, got it, but wondering what will happen to another 50$ that's suppose to be credited once I activate my phone. One of the rep that i spoke to in the past has left a note in my account to give 50$ credit. Getting the phone Today, will see if I can get that too :)

karesma

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

hmmm hasn't shown up for me yet, been past 15 minutes, hopefully will be up tomorrow or something so I don't have to go over this again

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

I ordered four phones, best i could do is get two phones adjusted :(, so i got $100

double_zee

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just called in, took a little bit to get the rep to credit the difference, after 25 min, got my $50.00 This is awsome!

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I went through 2 chats, and two phone calls and all the reps told me that the deal only applies to in-store. I pre ordered my phone thinking that was the "best deal," but it only ended up being higher priced and I even got the phone a few days later than everyone else! Plus, I haven't received the charging plate yet.

royaljayhawk

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

After 6 live chats and one phone call, I finally got my account "adjusted" by $50.

Several of the reps I talked to denied that the offer existed, or that it wasn't "verified," wasn't an official AT&T offer, and one even claimed that the offer was from Microsoft and not from AT&T so they couldn't do anything about it.

In the last live chat, the rep refused to call it a credit, wouldn't say that it was to match the price difference, but did offer a one time "courtesy" of adjusting my bill by $50 for my inconvenience. And that was without me telling her what the price difference was, or any details of the Black Friday sale. So they obviously know what the Black Friday sale is, but it sounds like they are being coached to claim that it isn't a valid or real deal.

akajubjub2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I ordered 2, one of which was with no commitment price. I got 100$ credit total. I am pretty happy as 400$ for a new lumia 920 without contract is more than reasonable.

jb3d

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

man.. i'm on chat right now.. about this very issue.. this is what this person said.......... "I really appreciate you taking the time to call us regarding [issue]. If you have questions, I'm sure others do as well. Our customers are really the best part of AT&T, and I want to make sure we are doing everything we can to ensure you are truly happy with our service."

.........We will keep our customers posted for the Lumia 920 issue feedback.

they refer to it as a "issue"
now i'm being transferred to a manager

the chat person will not commit to giving me the credit

finally.. they manager had some customer service skills and was able to oblige.
$50 credit to the account

thanks for posting this original post peep

Last edited:

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

To be exact, ATT gave a credit of 47.89. I just checked my account and its there! Not the exact 50 bucks, but I'll take it!

Attachments

• CREDIT.JPG
    CREDIT.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 68

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

You say tomato, I say tomahto. Regardless of what AT&T utlimately calls the adjustment on your bill it is still a credit and the origin of said credit is the Black Friday sale that was announced a little early to wet our appetites and potentially get the Lumia 920 that just came out $50 cheaper than the thousands of customers that did on the 9th.

If the Customer Service Rep feels better calling it a bill adjustment, let them call it that. So long as you receive $50 per device you bought I wouldn't fight it. To anyone that was stuck at two credits despite buying three or more devices, fight for the extra $50-$100 to be credited on your account.

rsm219

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

ahhhh, finally got it from a very kind and nice representative, after 5 online chats and one calls...

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

NICE!!! Much thanks to the OP for this!! Her name was Shannon. Wonderful rep! She couldn't find the info but said another rep in her group received the same call so she credited my account based on that :)

credit.jpg

Juiblex

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I just called up. Not only did they get me the 50 dollars credit they found an extra dollar upgrade charge.
So not only did I get my 50 dollars credit I got 30 dollars removed and activation and some other charges waved.
Grand total $126.93 in savings.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

I just got off the phone with AT&T. I asked for the $50.00 credit, and the rep said he'd also refund the activation fee (which I didn't remember paying). He totalled it up and somehow it came out to $107.16. I don't have my original receipt, but I'm pretty sure it was for $108.24, so somehow I wound up paying about $1.00 for this phone. I wrecked my car this morning driving to work, so I guess this is some karmic refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro