AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Ceez

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I got the same answer from chat, and the same answer from the phone call. I'll try once again via phone in the morning. Otherwise I'm hitting up chat and phone on Friday. (last possible day) worse case I'll go to the store and talk to a manager.

Was the chat agents "name" shannon? I wonder if you got the same one as me.

No sir. I got Joanna. She took long to reply and made lots of spelling errors, hehe.

raysin

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Definitely got shut down after calling CS

TDipuma

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

No luck with my online chat with Cortland. Maybe I'l have better luck with calling in the morning.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Wow, thanks guys! I'm no 'long time customer' (just came back to ATT after cheating on them with Straight Talk), and I though for sure I would be too much of a softie to get this deal. Surprise surprise, the guy at 611 applied the credit on the spot. I could see the dollars stream into my account real time. Awesome!

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

As this thread grows "your mileage may vary" is really taking a life of its own. Please be on your best behavior when you are reaching out to AT&T requesting the price match. If you personally have success using one method of contact over the other, start there first and work your way down.

Two separate AT&T chat sessions and success - thanks OP!

ferganer

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone with a retail store purchase gotten the price match credit?

Nefermore

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

It depends on how far into an account you actually are and what you are doing if you will get anyone with any ability to click an account or credit you a dime. The humans on the main website are just those mall pointers that give you a map and tell you where to shop. You can't expect them to take your angst and a bad survey because they didn't know what the managers register key was to give you money while they hand out flyers in the netrance to the store. taking it out on a survey is crap. they have to deal with enough of us trying to get a sale before it starts, the least we can do is not reduce their holiday bonuses for their customer ratings on the dumb survey.

Nefermore

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Isn't straight talk on the AT&T network? under a different name?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Isn't straight talk on the AT&T network? under a different name?

They use T-mobile and AT&T towers. It's a Walmart-TracFone venture, and they pay ATT and TMo for network use. I still can't wrap my head around how this is good for ATT. Maybe to get some money from 'low value' customers? Either way, data was too unreliable to me, so goodbye $45/mo plan, and hello $80/mo on ATT.. Anyway, back to the thread, let's talk about that $50 gift!

danny725

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Chat online with AT&T and got $50 credit toward my account with no issue. Sweet!

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

dang man they told me I have to go into the store.....I'm going to try again first thing at midnight in Hawaii since call center opens at 6 am ET. Crossing my fingers I don't really want to go into the store again, makes me feel uncomfortable going into the store since I have had so many problems.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

I was planning on picking one up on Friday...but now after seeing the ad is basically only good for west coast states, i'm concerned.

Do you think AT&T will match their OWN price in store? I mean...that's really sh***y if they don't.

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

A few questions - I chatted with AT&T and was tole that "AT&T will return the excess " to me. I was given a case number, but no time frame for the credit.
Did anyone else have a similar experience? How long did it get for the credit to show up, and when it did how did you find out about the credit actually applied to your account?
Thanks!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

A few questions - I chatted with AT&T and was tole that "AT&T will return the excess " to me. I was given a case number, but no time frame for the credit.
Did anyone else have a similar experience? How long did it get for the credit to show up, and when it did how did you find out about the credit actually applied to your account?
Thanks!

Usually the standard response is "yes, as a one-time courtesy" or "no, we do not price match". I would look into that further if I was you.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

After 3 Chats and 2 calls, My chat this morning finally got me the $50 credit right before I was going to give up!!! Happy Camper here!!!!

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I just got my statement credit of $50, it literally took all of 5 minutes using the online chat through the website. They didn't even question anything, just that she will give the $50 statement credit, done!

Score for ATT having awesome customer service through the whole buying experience with purchasing the 920!

eldoradoeh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

No problem receiving $50 credit for each of the five Lumia 920 phones we had purchased. I called Customer Care and simply said that due to AT&T's Black Friday $49.99 offering, as well as that same price being offered at Walmart and Best Buy, I understood I would need to call them to receive the $50 price match credit on my purchases, and it took less than 5 minutes to have the credit applied to my bill (it may take 1-2 billing cycles, as with any of their credits). Great way to start my day! :)

Illicit Hero

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

Guess I'm unlucky, the online chat guy refused to do it. Saying internet rumors don't apply to Att. I'll try again later to get someone else

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos