AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Steve Loucks

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

Just got my refund! They wouldn't give it to me over chat, but when I called they gave it to me right away! Cha-Ching

darkerfire1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

I've contacted AT&T and was told the offer was only valid in certain states. Sure enough this is in fine print:

" Offer available only in AZ,AK,CA,CO,HI,ID,MT,NV,NM,OR,UT,WA,WY."

I live in GA so no dice for me as of yet. Is anyone else running into this?

skabat

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Chat didn't get me anywhere yet.

Jamaica Ragnacci: This special offer is only available in AT&T COR and Dealer locations in the West region from Friday, 11/23 through 11/25.
Jamaica Ragnacci: We appreciate your recent purchase, however certain Holiday pricing and promotions that are offered at our ?in store? locations cannot be matched if purchased through another sales channel or if purchased outside of the promotional timeframe."

I live in CA, bought it an actual AT&T store less than 5 days ago? back to work on getting this credit.

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I've been turned down twice by online chat and twice by telephone, with the last one being the AT&T Plus rep. However, she said I should go to the store where I bought it and they would probably help me out.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Lol, I just think it is funny to poke holes in their logic saying they can't price match, then they continue to say you can go into any "corporate owned store" and take advantage of the deal. AT&T owns and runs corporate stores.....HEADACHE.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I've contacted AT&T and was told the offer was only valid in certain states. Sure enough this is in fine print:

" Offer available only in AZ,AK,CA,CO,HI,ID,MT,NV,NM,OR,UT,WA,WY."

I live in GA so no dice for me as of yet. Is anyone else running into this?

I live in MA currently, the account was opened in IA. Neither of those states are on the list, however I can assure you credit was given.

SCREENSHOTS!

winniebaygo

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm in OK, too. No luck. I've helped sell 6 more Lumia 920s to coworkers, too. Guess that's what I get for being loyal.

Deron Humphries

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I gave it my attempt of getting credit back. I was told there is nothing he can do about the actual phone price, since it would only be a 2-3 hr black Friday special price but he would give me $55.80 credit off my bill. Since im a valued customer of AT&T he was going to cancel the 36 dollar activation fee and credit me $14. Good to know im still within my 2 week termination period since i just bought my phone 8 days ago and im a 1st time AT&T customer. My experience - 3 chats all didnt go well at all, but my 1st actual phone call to att it was settled in about 8 minutes. call them up dont chat text. Thx for the tips for the credit!!

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Same reasons the Rep told me via chat. He also added that starting TODAY the message from the ATT upper management was NOT to give any price adjustment to people who asked. Should I even bother to try again?

Chat didn't get me anywhere yet.

Jamaica Ragnacci: This special offer is only available in AT&T COR and Dealer locations in the West region from Friday, 11/23 through 11/25.
Jamaica Ragnacci: We appreciate your recent purchase, however certain Holiday pricing and promotions that are offered at our “in store” locations cannot be matched if purchased through another sales channel or if purchased outside of the promotional timeframe."

I live in CA, bought it an actual AT&T store less than 5 days ago… back to work on getting this credit.

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if it will help, but I made sure to bring up the fact that Walmart was also, and had been, selling for $49 as well as the BF special.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

i live in georgia too and just tried to call and i got turned down too. she said the deal is only on the west coast. no bueno

mcbredditor

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I live in NC. I just went to my corporate store a few hours ago and got my third replacement lumia 920. I mentioned the black Friday deal. The store manager had no Idea what I was talking about. So I showed her the online brochure. She quickly pointed out the states in the fine print. So, **** me right?

mrgstiffler

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I was denied on chat. She said the only way to get the difference was to return the phone and repurchase it.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

If the reps on AT&T's chat or toll-free line are telling you to go into the store and re-purchase the phone just try another rep. 12 pages of mostly successes here.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I just got a black friday email from T&T. Seems the Lumia price is still showing up as $99 for me. Guess I lucked out getting the credit. But I still wouldn't give up people. If ANYTHING, try on Friday or the weekend when the sale officially starts in various states (even if not yours).

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

If the reps on AT&T's chat or toll-free line are telling you to go into the store and re-purchase the phone just try another rep.
I would take a screenshot and complain to AT&T. Telling you to return a phone and rebuy? AT&T is losing way more money doing that than they would if they just honored the $50 credit for everyone. Pretty stupid thing for a rep to say.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm in GA and I got the credit by calling 611 from the phone.

The chat would not give it to me. They advised I needed to go through who I ordered the phone through (Sales over the phone) And they gave it to me the first time I asked for it. :)

Cephiros

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

A few questions - I chatted with AT&T and was tole that "AT&T will return the excess " to me. I was given a case number, but no time frame for the credit.
Did anyone else have a similar experience? How long did it get for the credit to show up, and when it did how did you find out about the credit actually applied to your account?
Thanks!

Yes, I got the same thing, case number starting with CM which I assume is credit memo and was told an expected resolution date of 11/21/12 but I haven't actually received the credit. I don't know, I like to save money but it seems like a bigger hassle than it's worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb